Testing 3K Raw - Fire

Started by Rob Curd, March 05, 2018, 08:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Curd

I have recently picked up a Canon 5D Mark iii and have been testing the crop modes.

https://youtu.be/rUGzd5yTbxQ

I shot a mixture of 1080p (first three scenes), 3K and 3.5K. I have exported in 4K to maintain the maximum quality and reduce Youtube compression.

Looking forward to testing more with the 5d3 and really testing its capability. Look forward to some 4 & 5k tests!

Feedback welcome!

Rob

Tony Weller

Close ups and sounds of the fire lovely, nice atmosphere.

Seemed if we were watching 2.76:1 but would have liked more height,  2.35:1 perhaps.

Found the arpeggio notes distracting, how about some gentle strings :)

Great job :)
700D 1.1.5, EOSM 202, 4k_crop_rec 160MHz UHS-1 overclock

pewpow

Nice that you're testing it but the compositions look really off. I guess this is because of the crop factor where you can't really see what you shoot. How do you plan to work around this?

Rob Curd

Quote from: Tony Weller on March 07, 2018, 11:31:28 PM
Close ups and sounds of the fire lovely, nice atmosphere.

Seemed if we were watching 2.76:1 but would have liked more height,  2.35:1 perhaps.

Found the arpeggio notes distracting, how about some gentle strings :)

Great job :)

Thank you for your comments, yea to be honest I didn't have much of a clue was just testing and seeing what happens. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Curd

Quote from: pewpow on March 12, 2018, 03:03:33 PM
Nice that you're testing it but the compositions look really off. I guess this is because of the crop factor where you can't really see what you shoot. How do you plan to work around this?

Hi, thanks for your comment. When you say the compositions do you mean a lot of tight shots or the position of things in the frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk