Is it possible to change uninstall wait time on a 5D3 1.2.3

Started by JamieCorbin, March 01, 2018, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieCorbin

Is it possible to change the 60s wait for uninstalling ML from a 5D3 1.2.3?

I regularly use an EyeFi card for certain jobs and to get it to work I need to uninstall ML to remove the bootflag. I've read up on why the EyeFi cards dont work with ML and removing ML when I want to use it isn't a huge issue for me, but the 60s wait to uninstall is far longer than I really need. It'd make things a HUGE amount more convenient if I could change that value to say 10-15s. Can it be done?

Thanks in advance!

a1ex

Older installer (2015Apr28 and before) has a 30-second timeout (you can just swap the FIR).

BTW, we now might be able to find out why ML is not starting with certain Eye-Fi cards. If you have such card, with any ML-enabled camera with SD card slot (not SD to CF adapter), please follow this procedure and report back.

When reading the warnings from the guide, in this particular case you may assume "absolutely needed" is true (as the issue is probably hard to reproduce from a SD image).

Walter Schulz

JamieCorbin

Quote from: a1ex on March 02, 2018, 02:36:20 PM
Older installer (2015Apr28 and before) has a 30-second timeout (you can just swap the FIR).

That's awesome - works perfectly. Thanks!

Quote from: a1ex on March 02, 2018, 02:36:20 PM
BTW, we now might be able to find out why ML is not starting with certain Eye-Fi cards. If you have such card, with any ML-enabled camera with SD card slot (not SD to CF adapter), please follow this procedure and report back.

I've not played with QEMU before - but when I get time to work it out I'll give it a go.

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 02, 2018, 02:50:39 PM
Eye-Fi mobi 8GB working without problems in 650D.

Some EyeFi's are fine - but the X2 models don't work with ML and that's exactly what I have!