Ok here it is if you haven't seen it https://youtu.be/eByS5e4oal4

But uses half double press.

Potential ML conflict. Or not?

mothaibaphoto

As for me, conflict with common sense.
Absolutely useless, but very wow-ish.

PaulHarwood856

Hey garry23,

Thanks for sharing! I actually prefer this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1010800-REG/gary_fong_lsc_sm_lightsphere_collapsible_dome_diffuser.html

I still use the Canon 430EX II with this, and love the combination.

- Paul

Walter Schulz

@mothaibaphoto: I want to test it, just for fun.
Don't know if it's useless for all users. Having seen "professionals" (= payed for work) using tilted cam mounted flash with bouncer. Outside, clear sky above. More than once.

I give Canon a thumbs up for innovation, "thinking outside the box" for once. Hoped to see some balls in cam development, though.

garry23

I must say I was only thinking of the potential ML event handling conflicts.

Although I have a couple of speedlights, I don't use them!

Walter Schulz

@garr23: We already have those event handling conflicts. See Sticky DOF issues. If I remember well a1ex pointed to the chip handling buttons. And it looks like a freaking 32 bit MCU. Such things were used back in my students days controlling industrial robot arms. Correct me if I'm wrong, a1ex.

a1ex

Quote from: garry23 on February 28, 2018, 02:35:38 PM
But uses half double press.

Potential ML conflict. Or not?

Regarding other ML features triggered by half-shutter press? Yes, but none of them is enabled by default.

mothaibaphoto

Quote from: Walter Schulz on February 28, 2018, 03:19:32 PM
@mothaibaphoto: I want to test it, just for fun.
If you want to experiment with flash photography, you can build a great off-camera setup for that money and get a real fun.
Canon continue innovation in marketing - now they make small and cheap camera with 4K and DPAF, but not letting it work the same time - surprise!!! While Sony reveals it's cheaper and almost not crippled full frame cam.