Unwanted Crop Not Using Crop 5x Mode

Started by zims, February 13, 2018, 10:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zims

Hi I'm new to ML obviously.

For some reason when I'm shooting RAW it crops my frame by about a 3rd. I'm using mlv_lite module and 1280 resolution size (only size it says can shoot continuously).  Two screen shots below, bottom one was taken with RAW and you can see a lot of anti aliasing and moire (which I'm desperately trying to figure out a fix for) and one was taken with regular canon video. The canon video looks better than the RAW. I'm pretty confused as to what is happening here.

dfort

Not much information to go by.

What camera are you using?
Which branch, a regular nightly or an experimental build.
When you say 1280 resolution, what exactly do you mean -- cropping the image in mlv_lite or setting the Canon menu to 1280?

Also, your images are screenshots of a player. There's a lot more we can tell you if you upload a short MLV file.

zims

- Camera: 5D2
- Magic Lantern Latest Nightly (not experimental)
- I mean 1280 cropping in mlv_lite which is probably why I'm losing some of my frame?

I hosted a 1 second .MLV file rawsettings.MLV for you to check out.

Do you notice in my raw screen shot how aliased the edges are? Very pixelated. I was under the impression there's a ton more information therefore it will look a lot better than that? I'm a complete noob as you can tell. Essentially I'm trying to get the best out of my 5D2 using a continuous shooting option.

Any help is great help! Thanks so much for replying to me @dfort!