Author Topic: Unwanted Crop Not Using Crop 5x Mode  (Read 639 times)

zims

• New to the forum
Unwanted Crop Not Using Crop 5x Mode
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:51:36 PM »
Hi I'm new to ML obviously.

For some reason when I'm shooting RAW it crops my frame by about a 3rd. I'm using mlv_lite module and 1280 resolution size (only size it says can shoot continuously).  Two screen shots below, bottom one was taken with RAW and you can see a lot of anti aliasing and moire (which I'm desperately trying to figure out a fix for) and one was taken with regular canon video. The canon video looks better than the RAW. I'm pretty confused as to what is happening here.

dfort

• Developer
Re: Unwanted Crop Not Using Crop 5x Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:31:29 PM »
Not much information to go by.

What camera are you using?
Which branch, a regular nightly or an experimental build.
When you say 1280 resolution, what exactly do you mean -- cropping the image in mlv_lite or setting the Canon menu to 1280?

Also, your images are screenshots of a player. There's a lot more we can tell you if you upload a short MLV file.
5D3.* 7D.206 700D.115 EOSM.203 EOSM2.103 M50.102

zims

• New to the forum
Re: Unwanted Crop Not Using Crop 5x Mode
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 04:10:35 PM »
- Camera: 5D2
- Magic Lantern Latest Nightly (not experimental)
- I mean 1280 cropping in mlv_lite which is probably why I'm losing some of my frame?

I hosted a 1 second .MLV file rawsettings.MLV for you to check out.

Do you notice in my raw screen shot how aliased the edges are? Very pixelated. I was under the impression there's a ton more information therefore it will look a lot better than that? I'm a complete noob as you can tell. Essentially I'm trying to get the best out of my 5D2 using a continuous shooting option.

Any help is great help! Thanks so much for replying to me @dfort!