5D3 Raw video not being written from recording beginning and end

Started by Groovymuun, January 30, 2018, 12:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groovymuun

So recently some of my recordings haven't been fully saved after processing and viewing them in Davinci. I was testing out a DIY lighting environment and when i was viewing my shots after all the processing i was finding that the end of my clips weren't there. So it seems all the video from start to finish isn't being saved, it's not that the camera is stopping it's recording it is just not writing it all for some odd reason.

I've been using the Raw recording since about last May, i have never had this problem with it. I really would appreciate any help i could get cause i'd like to rent my camera out but i can't rent out a faulty one. >:(

Specs:
5d of course, when recording I typically use the overlay and a 23.98 force fps
Version 1.1.3 ML Nightly - (Nightly.2017Mar30.5D3113)
Cards - Lexar professional 1066x/160mbs UMDA 7

Thanks, Groovy

Walter Schulz

Before it slips under the horizon: Please clarify!
Record is fine in the beginning but the recording stops without any indication?

You are sure
- there is enough free space on your card
and
- you haven't forgotten to transfer all files named *.Mxx (xx=00-99) to your computer?

Groovymuun

Thanks for the reply.

Aye, I begin the recording, I stop the recording. Nothing tells me it didn't record everything, but once I'm done with the post process and am viewing my clips i find i don't have the end of some of my clips.

I just did a quick test, 49 seconds is all I get, and i was using a viewer that reads the MLV files, i didn't even take it through the post process yet. and yes the cards aren't full. I don't transfer everything on the cards, only the M02-2449.MLV files, i don't see any use in the M00 files.

Walter Schulz