Canon 77D

Started by josecarlosss, January 27, 2018, 03:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josecarlosss

Hello, I was wondering if magic lantern can install or there is a future idea to work for CANON 77D.

Best Regards
Stelios

eNnvi

77d is a digic 7 camera.
Digic 6 porting is in progress slowly as there are many changes in the architecture of processor, instructions and many other things that are still to be figured out.

Probably after porting a digic 6 camera it will be easier to Port a digic 7 camera but there's no release date of course.

If you want to help you can, but at this stage you'll need a digic 7 camera, coding skills, arm processor knowledge and A LOT of time

josecarlosss

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately, i havent coding skills. I hope you will find a solution soon :)
thanks

switch_on

Hey guys! sorry to dig this out again and to make such a question my first question on this forum but:
just to clarify, is it very likely that there someday will be a 77d magic lantern version? or is it also possible that it is left out? reason for my noobie question is that I am planning to switch from nikon to canon and I would like to choose a model that has or very likely will get ML support.

greetings

a1ex

Answered on the download page: https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#not-listed

It also covers what was already done, what you can do to help, how to get started, where to to discuss it and so on.

TLDR: just like with DIGIC 6, I can provide the ROM dumper, perform the initial analysis and update the emulator (in other words, the foundation for other developers to get started), but I'm not planning to get a 77D anytime soon. Can't speak for the others ;)

QuoteI am planning to switch from nikon to canon

Wait, what?! ;)

switch_on

Thanks, not sure how I could miss that^^
Okay good to know! Maybe I can get into that when owning a 77d ... may take a few years though  ::)

Quote from: a1ex on March 09, 2018, 09:05:50 PM
Wait, what?! ;)

Yeah, maybe a pre-midlife crisis ... or just dual pixel af ;)

juarez13

Please someone can help me install on my canon 77d? I didnt get it

IDA_ML

Quote from: switch_on on March 09, 2018, 11:07:17 AM
reason for my noobie question is that I am planning to switch from nikon to canon and I would like to choose a model that has or very likely will get ML support.

You don't have to switch from Nikon to Canon to enjoy ML.  Just get yourself a used EOS M or a 100D for very little money and you are ready to go.  No DPAF but for video you don't need it anyway.  Here is a short video shot on the 100D for you to gain an impression of what you can expect in terms of video quality:

https://vimeo.com/285334589