HELP NEEDED - LUA script to keep live view on!

Started by Craigathorn, January 25, 2018, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigathorn

Hi All

Just joined this forum as I've frantically been looking for a way to keep my canon 700d from turning its live view off after 30 minutes. I've come to the conclusion from reading through a few forum posts and the feature listings that ML has that the normal way to do this would be to use the "sticky halfshutter" setting in ML, but this isn't included in the build for 700d.

I then discovered someone saying it should be pretty easy to write an lua script to mimic this feature and gave a bit of code but what I've tried hasn't worked so far.

Could someone please help me code this and get it implemented on my 700d??

I believe from the snippet of code I found before the user was trying to tell the script to run every 20 minutes and was just telling it to simply half press the shutter key.

Please please PLEASE can someone help with this? I've been struggling to find the answer for days now :(

Regards,

Craig

Walter Schulz

Script: https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20908.msg193014#msg193014
Requires experimental lua_fix or crop_rec_4k build! Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (Dropdown menu) -> Experiments

Or use experimental lua_fix build without script.
No need for scripting there, Sticky Halfshutter for 650D and 700D is implemented. And with more testers replying their results we might see this in regular nightly builds ...