'Manual' focus

Started by Aradi, June 18, 2019, 11:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aradi

Hello,

Thanks again for making ML a reality, I really enjoy it a lot :)

I suggest a way to assign focusing to one of the dials on the camera, probably temporarily to revert to its original function after focusing is done. I hope this works both in LV as well as in normal shooting.

Sometimes you have to improve on the camera's autofocus with just a tiny nudge to the focusing ring. But of course not all lenses allow you to do that while in autofocus mode. And for other lenses the focusing ring throw is just too short to achieve critical focus manually. With such lenses even Focus Peaking doesn't help, as the stripes move all over the place the moment you touch the focusing ring. I am sure there are more use cases where such a feature can save the day, those are just the times when I wished for a different way to focus.

This would also work very well with Trap Focus. Now, everytime I have tried Trap Focus I got out of focus photos, because by the time the camera decides to take the shot I would have already manually changed the focus!!! Does that happen to you too, or is it just me?

Regards