"Updated" FIXED Canon 60D Stops 30min. Fixed by Changin - HalfShutter to Always.

Started by O.Dogan, January 17, 2018, 01:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O.Dogan

Hi there,

Short story.

USE CAMERA FOR STREAMING LIVE MODE. Not Record.

NO HMDI just USB and Utility and capture utility screen with OBS.

BUT

Using ML newest build. Canon firmware: Canon firmware 1.1.1.

In ML :Dof Settings - Dof info in liveview = ON. Clear overlayes = HALFSHUTTER

In Canon: Auto Power off: off

Short Story... ITS still shutting off after 30 min. WHY

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY

axelcine

All cameras that are not "born" camcorders pay a special tax in Europe if they are able to record more than 30 mins without interruption. The tax is being faded out, but until it disappears totally, no dslr manufacturer will make his software record beyond 30 mins. So the half hour limit is political.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

Walter Schulz

@=O.Dogan: Just try a1ex recommendation: https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20908.msg193014#msg193014
You have to use one of those experimental builds. Create a file with .lua-extension (mine is named dummy.lua) in ML\Scripts directory. Put a1ex's code in it.
Start cam (USB *not* connected). Load LUA.mo, restart cam, access Scripts tab and run Powersave workaround. Then connect USB and access Liveview screen in EOSutility.

Works for me (>30 minutes) using 650D with LUA_FIX build.

O.Dogan

I have fixed it by changing the halfSHutter to always.

@ Walter. Thank you walter for the explanation, if it doesnt work again i will try your method.

@ axelcine True but i have fixed it. (but for how long i dont know)