Rebel T1i won't turn on.

Started by dariusfitz, August 18, 2012, 03:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dariusfitz

Alright so I downloaded and installed Magic Lantern 2.3 onto my Rebel T1i and it was running fine. Then I turned it off and it took a while to turn off but after it finally shut down I attempted to turn it back on to make sure it was alright and nothing. When I put a SD card in the red light flashes and what not but nothing comes on. The LCD screen doesn't come on, there are no stats in the view finder nothin. Anybody know how to fix this?

I've already tried:
A new SD card
Letting my camera sit for a while
And recharging my battery 
Taking my memory card and battery out and letting my camera sit

Thanks!

DigiBill

Are you sure the battery is good?  If the battery is bad recharging is not going to solve the issue.  I'm not being a wise guy, just trying to give a possible solution.

Try this linkl for some more ideas.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=151603

Hopeone of these is the solution.  Let us know.

Francis

What about turning it on without a memory card in it?

dariusfitz

@DigiBill
Thanks for the link! I'm pretty sure the battery is good. When I put it on the charger the led light is red at first then changes to green when it's done charging.

@Francis
Thanks for the response! I just tried that and nothing is happening unfortunately. 

BravoParanormal

This may sound stupid but did you try to hit info after turning it on? A while back I though I bricked my 60d but in actuality I accidentally turned off my LCD. Try that or hit the LiveView button.

a1ex

When you start with a ML card, what LED blinking sequence do you get? (how many blinks?)

When starting without card, did you take the battery out first?

dustyhood

I have a constant LED read light on the SD card light. After removing the ML card battery and lens, then restarting by adding the lens, no card, and then battery camera function fine. place any type of card into the camera nothing. place the ML card in constant RED read light stay on even while power off.

Canon 1.1.1 - kit lens - T1i

Any help would be great...

a1ex

Problems with the SD card slot?

With a formatted card it should work fine.