No Tearing when Ext monitor connected

Started by qqqavi, December 12, 2017, 02:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qqqavi

Hi everyone.

I've just tested the MLV Lite and there's no tearing on my 7D when it's connected to an external monitor. I always get tearing (when max. res. is set with AR to 16:9 and 23.976fps) unless I set the "Force HDMI-VGA option", I change the resolution or change the Aspect Ratio to 2.35, 2.20 (actually every AR that reduces the max. resolution).

That sound like good news. However I never tested the MLV Lite on the field and don't know what to expect.
I've read the forum, but there's only advanced technical information.

Any thoughts?

I got some issues:
Sometimes I get "EDMC timeout error" when hit Record and the camera is connceted to the external monitor. The only solution is to restart the camera.
No sound with MLV Lite

I have a Canon 7D 203. Latest Build: 2017-12-07 with a Monitor Lilliput.

Thank you.

IDA_ML

I think, the questions that you ask are quite specific to the hardware that you use and it is not very likely to find someone on this forum that has had exactly the same problems that you have and has found a solution to them.

As far as sound with the MLV lite module on the 7D is concerned, there is serious work and discussions going on in this tread:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5601.msg194615;topicseen#msg194615

However, this is work in progress and nobody can say how long it will take to implement that feature.  Probably, it will be necessary to get crop recording 4K working on that camera first and then talk about sound with MLV Lite. 

For now, if you need RAW video with sound, you may want to try the latest builds of Dfort that you can find on his download page (see links in the above thread).  For me, 10/12bit MLV recording with sound worked quite well in the uncropped and 5x-cropped modes with the Dec. 11 build.  I have provided quite detailed reports on that on the last pages.

qqqavi

Thank you for your answer. I have tried the Mlv lite for a couple of days and I can confirm that there's no tearing anymore on my 7D. Regarding sound, hope they implement it soon.