Canon 5D Mark iii with crop_rec and mlv_lite not working! Help me please

Started by motley_, December 14, 2017, 11:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motley_

I've been running magic lantern on my 5D iii for a while and recording with mlv_rec at 1920x818 was fine. I formatted the sd card in camera and upgraded to the latest experimental build of crop_rec to test out the 3.5k RAW. When I activate the mlv_lite and crop_rec function and set the resolution and crop appropriately and convert the files they become all corrupted and weird. I've linked an image of what they turn out to be.

Whilst running the crop_rec build, if I switch it from mlv_lite to mlv_rec and record in 1920x818 the converted DNGs are normal. I'm using MLVMystic to convert the mlvs, however I don't think that this is the issue as I've tried using other converters with no such luck.

Here's the cameras specs:

Canon 5D mark iii running 1.2.3
Latest crop_rec build (crop_rec_4k.2017Oct28.5D3123)
Lexar 128gb 1000x SD card
Lexar 128gb 1066x CF card
Canon 50mm f1.4

It would be amazing if anyone could help, thanks.

reddeercity

Quote from: motley_ on December 14, 2017, 11:38:23 PM
.... using MLVMystic to convert the mlvs, however I don't think that this is the issue as I've tried using other converters with no such luck.
and the others convertor are ?
MLVMystic is obsolete , it uses dcraw.exe to extract dngs  -- new apps uses the new mlv_dump.exe or code from it .
On windows use  MLVProducer MLVFS  or mlv_dump.exe

motley_

Quote from: reddeercity on December 15, 2017, 07:17:18 AM
and the others convertor are ?
MLVMystic is obsolete , it uses dcraw.exe to extract dngs  -- new apps uses the new mlv_dump.exe or code from it .
On windows use  MLVProducer MLVFS  or mlv_dump.exe

Tried MLV producer and still the same issue.

farmej10

I'm currently using a mac and paid $30 for RawMagic app and it's broken...crashes as soon as I hit convert. I've tried MLVFS RAW to DNG pretty much everything. it's very frustrating and I just want to start shooting 3.5k on my 5D Mark III. Can anyone help me out?

Walter Schulz

Any talk about RAWmagic is banned.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13335.0

For proper issue reporting on other utilities you may want to go to details about your environment and detailed description what is happening.

reddeercity

Quote from: motley_ on December 15, 2017, 02:01:48 PM
Tried MLV producer and still the same issue.
can you upload a small file and post here and I can check it out on my system .