Shutter Speed Problem

Started by jlh63, August 15, 2012, 03:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlh63

Hi there,

Is there anyway with ML2.3 to have the standard canon shutter speeds...

I can see in the banner at the top of this page its 1/50 in green (which I had at one point)

But now I only have the slightly confusing 1/48 1/31 etc. etc.

Please Help!

Plus on the bottom of the screen as standard, I can turn off the histogram, waveform moniter but not the thrid one - which Infact I have no idea what it is... can someone tell me what it is and how to get rid... so I can have the screen more like it features in the screenshot from the user guide.

Thanks alot, James

jlh63

Michael Zöller

neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40

jlh63

Ok so after not actually getting my question answered & seeing a couple of posts showing that custom functions could affect major settings on ML2.3 I started to go through some of the things that were set up on my 5D II primarily for stills optimisation...

On my previous post: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2082.0
- in which has been locked out whilst not actually being helped.... (y) thankkkkkssss

Ive found that to solve the odd 1/48th on 1080p/25fps to 1/50th 1/100th etc, check your live view settings in the CANON menu.

In the middle yellow spanner menu > "Live View/Movie func. set"> "LV func. setting" > "stills + movie" > *select* "movie display"

I previously had mine in "Exposure simulation" which I can't remember why (must be a stills thing) but hey presto changed that and now back to understandable 1/50th shutter speeds.

NB. I cannot confirm this works with 24fps as I don't use that frame rate. I only stumbled across this through trial and error so have no 'technical' reasoning behind this - sorry!

But can confirm records/playbacks fine.

JLH

Michael Zöller

Thanks for posting how you solved your problem. I've merged your two topics and unlocked them.
neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40