Convert MLV video to CR2 photo files to create photos or convert DNG to CR2?

Started by Roberto Mena, October 26, 2017, 05:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto Mena

What's the easiest way to convert MLV video files to CR2 photo files to color correct and grade in Adobe Camera RAW and finally make into jpeg photo files or convert DNG to CR2 for the same reason? I think I now how to change DNG's to jpegs but I'd rather work with RAW photo files first. Thanks.

bpv5P

DNG is already a RAW format. Use it if you can. DNG has better lossless compression and is a open format.
The cr2 is a proprietary, closed, format from canon. I don't even know if there's a tool to convert DNG to it...
Use mlv_dump or any other tool listed on forum.
If you really need to convert RAW data to cr2 for some reason, I'm can't help, sorry.

Roberto Mena

Figured out the solution and it was quite easy.

After converting my MLV video files to DNG files all I need to do is fine the one DNG file I want to convert into a photo by highlighting it, right clicking it open with the "Open with" option to choose Adobe Photoshop, this automatically opens it in Adobe Photoshop's Camera RAW to color grade and correct. Then with Photoshop turn into a jpeg. It works super well! Love that I can make photos out of my RAW video stills. Its like taking photos and shooting video at the same. This was super convenient for my lil sis's wedding. Another reason to love ML and its MLV feature!