mlv RAW files not recognized - unable to import

Started by Vagabond, February 17, 2017, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vagabond

Full disclosure - I come from a photography background (film), and am not a programmer.  With that said, I have been shooting some video with my 5D iii, and recently decided to experiment with ML.  After a few attempts, I got the latest nightly build for firmware 1.2.3 installed.  I activated the mlv_rec and mlv_snd modules, turned on RAW video (MLV), and shot several test clips using different frame rates, ISOs, shutter speeds, apertures, and other settings.  I am using a Mac OSX with El Capitan version 10.11.2, and the Adobe Creative Suite.  Nothing on my computer recognizes any MLV files on the CF card with the camera tethered.  When I put the CF card in a card reader I can see .mlv files, but they are "greyed-out" or cannot be  dragged into RAWmagic Lite or Mystic ML converter.  When I drag them into ML raw2dng converter GUI for OSX, nothing happens, and the message in "Details" says "File not supported".  I am unable to import or convert the mlv RAW files.  I'm probably missing something obvious, but, since it's new to me I can't see it.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Aeidxst

Hey, have you already found a solution for this? I also just switched from RAW to MLV, and I'm also still looking for a converter that works the same as RAWMagic. I think RAWMagic and such are specifically used for RAW, and not for MLV.

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

spc.ramirez

how would I switch from MLV to raw??? You can use mlv to movie. Thats what I was using. Please let me know how to shoot in raw