Canon 7D Format Output

Started by CamSam, October 24, 2017, 10:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CamSam

Hey,

I have a Canon 7D and Im using a 60mb/s 16GB card.

MLV_REC is installed but only seems to output to MLV format only and not Raw.

What am I missing?

Walter Schulz

In short:
MLV = RAW + movie related meta data
RAW_REC.mo is gone for good (because lacking meta data and stuff)

CamSam

Yeah, thats what I thought. I couldnt find Rec_Raw anywhere so i assumed it was removed.

I also had an issue where none of my modules loaded so Im going to just Re-install the firmware and see if that solves the issue. Is the MLV_dump module an auto converter to RAW format? my programs wont read MLV.

Lastly, and sort of unrelated, I know that just getting a really expensive card with a crazy write speed isnt going to stretch out my continuous recording times by much. does anyone know what the best bang for buck in terms of a card with a decent write speed would be? and If i can somehow get a large record time at 1920x1080 in raw? not looking for crazy resolution just nicer files.

Cheers! AND GO MAGIC LANTERN DEVELOPMENT TEAM! REALLY GREAT WORK!

Walter Schulz

For modules loading properly you have to wait some time after switching off power before turning in on again. Otherwise ML will not be able to perform a clean shutdown (writing data to card *after* screens went dark).

For best price/performance go after Komputerbay 1066x 128 GB. Record time in 1080p24 in 10 bit RAW (uncompressed) is around 33 minutes.

CamSam