Encoding for UHDTV and ACES workflow [?]

Started by bpv5P, October 12, 2017, 12:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy600

Quote from: bpv5P on October 26, 2017, 03:26:59 PM
Yes. I think the hardware manufacturing itself should allow some kind of  "checksum" of each sensor and automatically generate a metadata file that can be available for download with the serial number of the camera :P

In an ideal world maybe :D

'Off the shelf' sensors do usually come with detailed technical data but for the sensors in our Canon cameras - no chance! :(
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

dariSSight

Very new to ACES workflow so I read this thread but still spacey how to get the converter, Where do I download this software from and how do i install it? Thank
Canon 5D Mark II

ilia3101

Quote from: Andy600 on October 20, 2017, 10:58:34 AM
The great thing about rawtoaces is the ability to use a camera's spectral sensitivity and it's response to an influx spectrum (this includes the lens, any filtration and the SPD of the lighting) to derive and apply a Camera RGB to ACES matrix on a shot by shot basis. Alternatively you can choose Adobe coefficients or embedded metadata in the same way as you would with DCRaw.

Wow I am so happy to have found this thread. Andy could you give me a basic idea (or link to something about) how rawtoaces generates a matrix from spectral sensitivity of a sensor?

Is it something like generating a few influx spectrums that go in to the camera (light * surface * filter * lens etc...), then calculating what the camera will read, the true XYZ values. Where do you go from there?