Canon 6D 10bit Test!

Started by slash123, October 10, 2017, 02:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slash123

Hello everyone!
I'm here to show you a small video made with my Canon 6D. The video was shot at 10bit.
https://youtu.be/HztMQPycwEY
On my YouTube channel you can find more videos as well.
I would love to know what you think.
greeting,
Christian.

Roberto Mena

Cool. But did the 10bit let you record longer takes or at larger resolutions and if so, how much more compared to 12 or 14bit?

IDA_ML

Thank you for sharing your work, slash123.

I have been comparing  10 vs. 14 bit MLVs with sound at the maximum 1728x972 resolution in the noncrop mode on the 100D.  14 bit allows me about 4 s. continuous recording vs 15.5 s. for the 10 bit before recording stops.  No matter how extremely I tried to edit the clips, I did not notice any perceptible difference in quality between 10 and 14 bit and if there is any, it must be very subtle.  This has motivated my decision to shoot 10 bit with the MLV_Rec module if I need sound.  If I don't need sound, I prefer to shoot with the RAW_rec module in the 8...11 bit lossless mode in which I get continuous recording at that same 1728x972 resolution and 24 fps.  12-bit lossless also provides very long recording times (more than 2000 frames) although I cannot guarantee that recording will not stop if there is a lot of fine detail and/or a lot of overexposed areas in the scene.

slash123

Hello! I also did not notice any difference between 10bit or 14bit. Obviously at 10bit I can get a higher resolution, but no sound. the only thing I've noticed and that I always run the clips are under-exposed at least 1 stop.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk