[ALREADY DONE] new magic lantern ideas

Started by gvi70000, August 14, 2012, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvi70000

Hello,

My name is Grozea Ion and i discovered ML a few weeks ago.
I have the following suggestions for ML to incorporate

1. New grid for framing the picture

a) Using lines (like the original) but at different ratio
b) Using Fibonacci spiral  with the option to rotate

see this link http://digital-photography-school.com/divine-composition-with-fibonaccis-ratio-the-rule-of-thirds-on-steroids

2. Use the external microphone jack to connect sound sensors or light sensors  to trigger the camera.
I built for myself a remote control, maybe these links will give you a better idea of what i'm talking about

http://grozeaion.com/electronics/high-speed-photography/134-wired-remote-control-for-digital-camera.html

http://grozeaion.com/electronics/high-speed-photography/125-gvi-dslr-rc-with-touch-shield-slide.html

3. It is possible to connect a 9DOF sensor + GPS  on the USB of the camera?
Right now i'm trying to make a motorized panoramic head that will be use in astronomic photography
and i use Arduino to read the GPS, 9DOf sensor, calculate the position of the camera and command the motors to move the head and track the desired object on the sky. I belive that the GPS+9DOF can be connected to the camera and the data processed on the camera then the result can be sent to a board that will drive the motors.

Thank you,

scrax

Hi, welcome aboard.
If you didn't already, take the time to read the user guide because ML has so many functions that it's hard to figure out them all using it only.
For your questions
1. You can have any custom cropmark you want, just do it and then share with the community
2. Audio remote shot and motion detect are already there for exposure change and sound triggerin
3. Theoretically you can use your arduino as USB host and control camera with PTP, but I have no idea on how to do it.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Francis

Specifically, the golden ratio cropmark is already including by default. Go to the Overlays may and turn on Cropmarks, then select 'phiphoto.bmp' or 'phivideo.bmp'

gvi70000

Hello,

In my case cropmarks only works in review mode not on live view mode - did i miss something? I've set global draw on all modes

Motion detect is ok but i want to take pictures of lightnings and this mode is too slow

nanomad

Weird. Clear settings and try again
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

gvi70000

Diffractor

Glad I found this forum!  I was about to lodge a feature request for Golden Ratio but I now see it's already there under 'phi' in 'cropmarks'!  Not *quite* intuitive but makes sense... Thanks for all the hard work!!  I'm loving Magic Lantern.  I discovered photography a year ago, and a year in after semi-mastering the basic menu of the Canon 70D I'm now venturing in to Magic Lantern..

Golden Ratio the main thing I'm looking for.