A favorites tab in ML's menu. All the setting I use most, in one tab/list?

Started by luke1100, August 14, 2012, 09:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke1100

I'd like to see something like the show/hide items option let me pick favorites to be show in a favorites tab, make it first or last menu tab. 

Even is you could let people make a favorites tab using a list/text file for ML to display my favorites. 

If it was all in one tab, you could use it as a check list for each shot, no jumping from tab to tab changing settings. 

Thanks for listening.  :)

Richard

Yes, this would help me a lot. Let me elaborate:
The main reason I use magic lantern is because it provides easier access to functions I use.
I primarily make non-LV still images. All SOOC (Straight out of Camera). Examples of very much used functions are WB Kelvin and WBShift; contrast and saturation.
The november 2011 versions had most of these functions less clicks away. Now most of the mentioned are hidden farther away in the menu structure. For me, with my workflow, this feels like a step backward.

It would be greatly appreciated if there was a favorite menu tab where I could collect these functions, even when they are hidden in submenus.

I guess with so many different kind of users (and different requirements) this would be a solution for different workflows also.

Best,

Richard

SDX

Check out this thread: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=1918.0
You can start reading from post #7.

It's still in design state, so if you want to add something to the concept feel free to post your ideas!

luke1100

Thanks SDX, theming would be cool. 

Yet, I don't see why I can't just edit the menu file in ML, making a custom list of options in the existing the first tab.

I've never looked at any files in ML.  Can this be done, if so what files should I look at?