Can't Record RAW Footage longer than 3 seconds on 700D/T5i

Started by JakeVsTheWorld, September 04, 2017, 06:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeVsTheWorld

As the title says, I've tried tons of settings. I have all the modules downloaded and everything.

First off: I can't choose a normal resolution even though my camera shoots in 1080p. My highest is 1728x972

Second: I can't record without frame skipping after 2 seconds on any resolution pretty much. Doesn't matter which of the two modules I use for RAW.

Third: If I allow frameskipping, it looks horrible, and unusable. I've tried card warmups, everything.

I know that shooting RAW on this camera is a breeze for most people so if someone could educate me on how to do it proper and all the settings I should use, I'd appreciate it alot.

Again, this is a T5i, and my SD card is a 16 GB  SandDisk.

Walter Schulz

First: This is liveview resolution in non-crop mode. Crop mode (zoom-in button pressed once) will allow higher resolutions.
Card does have write speed of about 40 MByte/s in cam? If yes: Format card in cardreader using exFAT file system. Then reinstall ML.

Cam is good for about 720p24 in continuous mode (14 bit, uncompressed RAW).

dfort

Quote from: JakeVsTheWorld on September 04, 2017, 06:04:23 PM
...even though my camera shoots in 1080p. My highest is 1728x972

When shooting full frame mode that's your highest resolution. The reason that you can record 1920x1080 H.264 is because the image is being uprezed by the Canon hardware. Like Walter said, you can shoot higher resolution using one of the crop modes, though you won't be using the full height and width of your sensor.

Your best bet for recording MLV with this camera is to download the 4K raw video recording; lossless compression from the experiments download page.

johnamanis

PLZ HELP ME! When I inspect raw mlv files with mlvrawviewer I get some weird, kind of x shaped particles. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Here is an example=> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B29sQ6e3UHO_Qzd2eF9JSk9iVWs