Full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 5fps

Started by denishogan, September 01, 2017, 09:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

denishogan

Hi All

I have been using Full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 7.4 fps (128ms rolling shutter) - continuous*) at 5 FPS! with success to capture still macro.

Given the low frame rate (5fps) has anyone used this , if so what is the recommend shutter speed for such slow rate under ML for a stationary subject/object. I see that "they" state to double the shutter speed of the FPS. which means if its 5fps then my speed should be 1/10. Given the subject is stationery and there is no movement is there any advantage of increasing the shutter speed. I have done some tests and cannot tell the difference other then loss of light.

cheers
Denis

muanthang

could  you   upload  the  video  in full resolution  if  possible

denishogan

Hi muanthang,

Apologies, i forgot to mention that I am using a 5x or 10x microscope at the end of my camera and there the video is very blur except for parts of the "slice" that are in focus ( shallow dof) as I am moving very slowly towards the subject matter on a rail. I then extract the DNGs from the video and then stack them. I can upload an image of the stacked image when I get home tonight.

cheers
Denis

Danne

Can you upload a sample MLV? Would like to check it. You can use:
mlv_dump -f 5 Output.MLV Input.MLV
Or create a sample package in Switch from (m) mlv_dump menu.

denishogan

Hi Danne

Thanks for your help with your software before that got me going.

Yes I will upload it when I get home. There seem to be lots of haze as well. I will show a pic of my setup as well. My continuous light is behind the lens and therefore no light in going into the lens.

cheers
Denis

Danne

No worries. I am also interested in the MLV sample itself  :)
Are you developing those files in Switch by the way?

denishogan

Danne

Not sure what Switch is? I just use your programs to extract DNGS from MLV, then I put all dngs into Helicon to stack them. Then I save as TIF and process the single stacked image in Adobe Camera Raw, then into CC

What is the purpose and benefit/s  of Switch?

cheers
Denis

Danne

denishogan

:) Yes I am using windows. Can I simulate your workflow in  Windows.

Can I please see likes to your videos?

I am going home now. Just finished work.
:

Danne

I started porting the scripts to linux subsystem on windows 10. Most of it kind of works but needs some last touchups.

denishogan

Hi Danne

The MLV is going to take hours to upload. In the meantime here are some screen captures of the stacked files. NO EDIT DONE

denishogan

Sorry Danne, did not finish my previous  post. Cannot upload my screen captures, as its stating BAD GATEWAY

Danne

Try shorten your MLV file:
mlv_dump -f 5 Output.MLV Input.MLV

denishogan

does not work. tried at cmd , mlv_dump -f 5 M31-1735-Copy.MLV M31-1735-Copy.MLV. What am I doing wrong

Mode of operation:
   - Input MLV file: 'M31-1735-Copy.MLV'
   - Verify file structure
File M31-1735-Copy.MLV opened
File M31-1735-Copy.M00 not existing.
Processing...
Unknown Block: VERS, skipping
Unknown Block: VERS, skipping
Reached end of chunk 1/1 after 423 blocks
Processed 412 video frames
Done

denishogan

There is no *.M00 files in the folder

These are some screen captures with no edit or noise reduction

If you check the left hand corner there is a significant issue about 20-30% that is corrupted.

some samples , What I see in Bridge of the extracted DNGS

Danne

Sorry, should be this:
mlv_dump -f 5 -o Output.MLV Input.MLV

Amazing shot example.

denishogan

Still an issue, I am using MLV Dumper v1.0. Is the syntax I wrote correct "mlv_dump -f 5 -o M31-1735-Copy.MLV M31-1735-Copy.MLV"

IN CMD
C:\Users\Denis\Desktop\___RAWTODNG TEST\___WORK AREA 6\ORIGINALS>mlv_dump -f 5 -o M31-1735-Copy.MLV M31-1735-Copy.MLV

MLV Dumper v1.0
-----------------

Mode of operation:
   - Input MLV file: 'M31-1735-Copy.MLV'
   - Rewrite MLV
   - Output into 'M31-1735-Copy.MLV'
File M31-1735-Copy.MLV opened
File M31-1735-Copy.M00 not existing.
Processing...
Reached end of chunk 1/1 after 0 blocks
Processed 0 video frames
[ERROR] Failed to rewrite header in .MLV file
Done

denishogan

Danne

You mustn´t use the same name for input and output. It might erase your file even. Be careful.

denishogan

oops it was a layer8 issue, between the chair and the PC, ME !
it worked. file went from 8.2gb to 120k
will upload it now

denishogan

I accidentally deleted the MLV files for the sample captures i attached to the previous post  but this give you an idea

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwwzy8u6pu8bw1l/M31-1735Copy22.MLV?dl=0

cheers

Danne

Sorry to hear about the footage loss :(. It's the naming. Should be a safeguard for this in mlv_dump.

denishogan

I am grateful for your help and time, very kind of you. Can I improve on  the quality of those DNG's somehow, may not be possible

Danne

Yes, thanks a lot :).
I notified g3gg0 about this fatal erasing error in mlv_dump. Hopefully he can put in a safeguard of some kind.
Any dng corruption examples I think could be of interest for a1ex maybe. I have very little knowledge of how to control what´s going on inside the camera.