how to change raw video bit depth on 60d

Started by sprsaiyangk, August 31, 2017, 08:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprsaiyangk

i don't see any option in magic lantern menu to change bit depth for raw videos on 60d i have latest nightly build installed ?

reddeercity

sprsaiyangk

thanx for the reply i think i might have got it  ;) ;)

sprsaiyangk

Quote from: reddeercity on September 01, 2017, 07:11:45 AM
Not even close
All else fail check the  builds.magiclantern.fm/experiments
if it not there it's not supported , maybe here ? ::) click me

Hey man installed and tried it but after recording clips don't play back and on pc when try to play it through mlrawviewer.exe it crashea

Ahok

sprsaiyangk - can you share?  Scratching my head too on where the settings for bit depth are.  Just downloaded and installed the latest unified

Walter Schulz

As written above: It's not included in unified = nightly build. You have to use experimental builds.

Ahok

Hi Walter.  Yes, the "unified" 10 bit_12bit 8/21 release from the experimental builds.  I should have been more clear.

Walter Schulz

Please make up your mind:
Unified = Nightly Build
Nightly Build and Experimental Builds are *not* identical.
What are you taking about? See Help tab (bottom lines) for status.

You will find the forum discussion about 10/12-bit linked on experimental page telling you which module to use for this feature.

Ahok

The last modification of the experimental build was to incorporate the unified according to the download page.  Sorry for the semantics issue.  I have the experimental build, freshly installed on a new card.

I've been through the forum looking for an answer.  I didn't find one, but I did find a recent posting here from someone else who has the same camera as me with the exact same question.  They seem to have found the answer but didn't post it, so I asked him to share.

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm thinking the solution is likely quite simple and I'm just overlooking it.

Walter Schulz

Module tab -> RAW_REC.mo -> Restart -> Movie tab -> RAW video -> [Q] -> Bit depth

Ceterum censeo experimental build page esse delendam.

sprsaiyangk

Thankyou every one, i just came to realize that experimental builds are different from the nightlies, anyways every thing's working fine 10 bit , 12 bit and also 14 bit, had some issues with black frames but i guess there is  some workaround. Anyways thank-you very much  for helping