Useable Online Translator ... finally?

Started by Walter Schulz, August 29, 2017, 08:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Found something about an automatic translator in a German IT-news aggregator (Golem) which may be usefull for foreign readers having troubles reading/understanding English language and review sounds too good to be true. I tested it using an article found in an Italian newspaper and ... well ... it's amazingly different from Google Translate because translation makes sense. It's called DeepL and offers translations from/into English, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish und German. Other languages will be added, according to Golem.

May I ask for some native french, italian, spanish reader to test if - at least - it works well for english and your native tongue?
https://www.deepl.com/translator

Apps for iOS and Android are announced.

extremelypoorfilmaker

Thanks walter! That was an AMAZING find!!!!

whitelight

I tried it from English and German to Italian (I am an Italian native speaker). It is not bad, but with the usual errors you find also in Google Translate, so I personally donĀ“t find a big difference. Probably a combined use of the two services would be the best bet.

rpt

Did a bit of testing. Earlier Google translate could not distinguish between server (computer) and waiter. This one seems to.

Thanks for sharing.

Walter Schulz

Frank7D

Nice, and a bonus is that now there is competition which may spur quicker progress.

R

Spanish test passed. Google Translator is good but also "funny", DeepL seems almost human to me.

whitelight

@Walter Schulz: Thanks for the interesting article.

I dont know

thanks for sharing!this is a very useful thing for me

DidierAubin87

Francais testing !!! Thank you for your useful recommendation. However, the meaning is not exactly 100% LOL, it's only 85% as my thought.