[deprecated] MLVFS windows client

Started by g3gg0, September 11, 2014, 03:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYan

66dellwood

I installed v. 180 of Pismo.  Also downloaded MLVFS.dll    I am not clear on how to "register" the MLV formatter DLL in the Pismo file mount package.  Is there a register function buried somewhere?

http://pismotec.com/download/pfmap-180-readme.txt

Markus

Does any of the new pismo versions work with mlvfs?

Frank7D

QuoteDoes any of the new pismo versions work with mlvfs?

I'm not sure about that. I'm using 171.

QuoteI am not clear on how to "register" the MLV formatter DLL in the Pismo file mount package.  Is there a register function buried somewhere?

What worked for me was:
1. Renamed the "mlvfs.dll" file (if necessary) to add the ".dll" on the end.
2. Copied the file to my Windows folder.
3. Left-clicked somewhere in the Windows folder.
4. Held down the shift key while right-clicking, and chose "Open Command Window Here."
5. Typed the command per ayshih (see below).
pfm register mlvfs.dll

Here's the thread where this is discussed:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13152.100

mesebar2

Hello everybody!
I personally tried Pismo both version 1.71 and 1.80.
1.80 doesn't work for me with AE.
1.71, does work for me both with PP and AE.

With 1.71, once i mount a MLV folder (no matter if "Quick Mount" or "Mount..."), Premiere Pro CC works flawlessly, while After Effects CC gives me the following error: "the file format module could not parse the file (45::35).

However, after 10-20 seconds during which i get that error multiple times, AE works smoothly anyway
Am sharing this experience for it might help others :)

Thank you all for your amazing work

ibrahim

Quote from: arrinkiiii on July 13, 2015, 02:12:29 PM
Exist a new version of Pismo,  v. 178 for download

http://www.pismotechnic.com/download/

I can't open the site; page can't be displayed (it turns blank).
Any direct link to download the v.178?
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

ibrahim

I've installed the files pfm-178-win-exe and mlvf.dll and put them in one and the same folder. From the thread I learned that the v.1.7.8 is more stable for my win 7.

Might be a stupid question, but how exactly do I carry out the following step:

QuoteThen register the MLV formatter DLL:
Code: [Select]
pfm register mlvfs.dll
Unlike the FUSE approach on the other platforms, you mount each MLV file individually: right-click on an MLV file and select "Quick Mount".
If you wish, you can build the MLV formatter DLL yourself by installing the Windows SDK and running nmake using the SDK command prompt in the mlvfs/win directory.
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

Frank7D

Did you try the steps in my post three up from yours?

reddeercity

Quote from: ibrahim on January 19, 2016, 07:35:46 PM
I've installed the files pfm-178-win-exe and mlvf.dll and put them in one and the same folder. From the thread I learned that the v.1.7.8 is more stable for my win 7.
Really , I been using 171 on all my Win7 pro PC's (3 ,2 on Laptop 1 on desktop)

Quote from: ibrahim on January 19, 2016, 07:35:46 PM
Might be a stupid question, but how exactly do I carry out the following step:

QuotePlus I show how to install MLVFS for windows including register the MLV formatter .dll

New PC Tools to replace ACR & A.E. with same or better results (Without Resolve)

ruber

Hi,

I tried the webdav solution but when I click "map" I get the error 53 "unable to connect"
I am on windows 10 pro

Then I tried Pismo and it works fluently but I have a doubt: is the color conversion reliable? I recall @Andy600 saying that mlvfs is reliable but I don't know anything about pismo

Cheers. Carlo

reddeercity

Pismo is just mounting the file system.
mlvfs on mac or pc is more or  less the same mac just have more features

ruber

Now I get it:

pismo is mounting the system and the mlvf.dll is "doing" the conversion
The mlvf.dll has the same settings as in fuse

Thank you for your answer ;-)

Steven

Hey, just tried to download the current version of the "MLV WebDAV Server" but the server is not reachable :/

Mefist

understood nothing. How to work on Windows 10 ?

Roberto Mena

Last time I had this 'error compiling movie' issue I noticed that no matter what, the effected clip always stopped rendering at exactly the same spot around 85% and then I'd get that stupid warning and it stop rendering. I clipped off about 15% of the end of the clip (guessed it) and tried rendering again and it worked! Luckily I didn't need the last bit of the clip. Just an FYI.

MAG

I use mlvfs.dll with register for Windows, everything work really nice but I can't delete the dng ? How to do ?

I followed tuto from reddeercity :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hidN3C1B4xk

Edit :
I you want to delete the file when "quick mount". You have to right click "unmount" then delete the file.

PaulHarwood856

Hello Magic Lantern Community,

Yesterday I searched on the forum for hours and tried multiple things to get MLVFS to work on my new PC. The operating system is Windows 10. I would like to generate dngs quickly to transcode in AE to a friendly codec. I tried using MLVProducer, but couldn't figure out how to just get dngs out of the application, and I think MLVFS might be faster. So today I deleted the installations I tried for MLVFS and am starting fresh. I am also new with Windows, coming from Mac. Is there any way someone could walk me through getting MLVFS to work on pc in Windows 10? I would really appreciate any help since I'm really lost at this point on how to get it to work. Thank you.

- Paul

EuAcelasi

Same question... is MLVFS working on Windows 10 or only up to windows 8?

justinbacle

I can confirm that MLVFS is working on windows 10.
I took the files in this thread but cannot remeber which ones exactly :s