Magic Lantern with DSLR Controller app?

Started by bigsmall999, August 22, 2017, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsmall999

I'm using an EOS 700D with Magic Lantern for video. The main features I use from ML are the audio level meter, magic zoom for live focus checking, and advanced histograms.

I've recently been looking into using DSLR Controller with a portable Wi-Fi router, so I can control the camera remotely from an Android device.

Had anyone tried using the two together? I understand it's not possible to use the ML features while viewing remotely with DSLR Controller. But does the camera still work while using both - does it still show ML on the camera itself?

Alternatively, can the features I mentioned be used remotely in DSLR Controller with the EOS 700D, so I wouldn't need ML at all?

sys73r

Quote from: bigsmall999 on August 22, 2017, 12:31:19 PM
I'm using an EOS 700D with Magic Lantern for video. The main features I use from ML are the audio level meter, magic zoom for live focus checking, and advanced histograms.

I've recently been looking into using DSLR Controller with a portable Wi-Fi router, so I can control the camera remotely from an Android device.

Had anyone tried using the two together? I understand it's not possible to use the ML features while viewing remotely with DSLR Controller. But does the camera still work while using both - does it still show ML on the camera itself?

Alternatively, can the features I mentioned be used remotely in DSLR Controller with the EOS 700D, so I wouldn't need ML at all?
I've used DSLR controller with ML. in the Android device you will always see the controller app. in the camera ML with all its features.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk