London Eye 2fps

Started by Pyrofer, August 13, 2012, 10:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrofer

Trying to get to grips with 2.3, took this last night as practice.
Not my first Time lapse with ML, but this was the first time I used video mode and FPS override instead of shutter timer.
Much kinder on my camera :)

Canon T1i (500D) with 18-55 IS kit lens.

Pyrofer

Over 100 views and not one comment?

Malcolm Debono

Let me be the first to comment then  :D

Very nice timelapse! I really like the sky's gradient and ambient lighting, not to mention the superb lighting of the London Eye itself!
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Pyrofer

I was a little worried the focus was too soft...

I am very happy with exposure and lighting, I think I got the scene set right and the speed.

Just not happy with the focus as it is. A lot of the elements I think should probably be sharp are not, still nobody else has commented on that so it can't be too bad :)

Thanks for the kind words. I can't take credit for the sky however, just lucky there !

jplxpto

Quote from: Pyrofer on August 17, 2012, 06:54:23 PM
I was a little worried the focus was too soft...

I am very happy with exposure and lighting, I think I got the scene set right and the speed.

Just not happy with the focus as it is. A lot of the elements I think should probably be sharp are not, still nobody else has commented on that so it can't be too bad :)

Thanks for the kind words. I can't take credit for the sky however, just lucky there !

Congratulations!

You did an excellent job ... you can continue ... I hope to be here to see ... :)

Pyrofer

Did some more shooting and editing....

Excuse the poor quality, no idea why the video lost so much resolution in youtube.

Feedback please!

3pointedit

Music would give it a lift, I guess that youtube has not complete hires conversion yet?

That first river shot, the horizon really bugged me. It's a shame because I think that it worked well. Also I'd prefer not seeing the same shot again, even if it is from a different period. Just reposition, try some stuff in the foreground?

Cool stuff, love the eye at night.
550D on ML-roids

Pyrofer

Thanks for the feedback.

I took about a minute for each shot so need to find the best length of clip from them. I think you are right about re-positioning.

The people in the station are from 2 angles and those clips work better than the tho shots of the cars.

Need to find some music to match to it too.

What was it about the Horizon that bugged you? I find the rapid changing on the water more annoying than anything else in that clip.