600D Audio TEST release - 2.3 based

Started by scrax, August 13, 2012, 10:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Don't take photos while shooting. It can make a 3 frame drop-out in the video. Maybe it resets the audio IC too. I have 0 problems if I take a photo after or before a video in remapped movie mode. Also a big 20MB drop into a completely different code path, at least for raw.

Mister Paul

OK
By "remapped movie mode" you mean video mode with Magic Lantern ?

1%

No, I mean movie mode remapped to A-Dep. I kept that.

Mister Paul

I am sorry but I still don't understand...
Is there a tutorial where I can clear my mind about it without bothering you here asking questions?
;)

1%

Not really, this stuff is fresh out of the oven.

Just don't take pics while recording, you'll be ok.

funkysound

Quote:
Playback isn't set up to work through headphones.
Would be great to control taken shots!

Everything seems to be fine with audio/600d now - but I agree ... it would be good if we could hear and check what we recorded. Actualy this is very important.
Thanks for your great work so far - I´ll donate again soon! :)
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

1%

You can play back with the sound recorder but its through speakers.

Anyone else getting tearing at high bit rates with stereo wav?

Miyake's original autoexecs were mono, mine are stereo. Maybe buffer too small? Card too slow? Some other error?

jordancolburn

Quote from: 1% on September 28, 2012, 07:52:58 PM
Yea, its gone.

Until next ML release.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern/downloads

But need to have card formatted to exfat.
So If I wanted to test out the audio features for 600d, I could:
1) Download your tragic-lantern build onto an exfat card (any side effects of exfat?)
2) Is it possible to try one of the nightly builds from a1ex since the source got merged into his repository
3) Wait until the next official release (which should be coming....when? not trying to ask for a date or anything, I know that's ridiculous, I'm more curious about a general timeline, like before or after the new year)

Thanks again for all the hard work on the 600d audio side of things.

1%

Do 1 or 2. Only side effect of exfat is files over 4gb work.

djefaivre

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I have a 600D and I've been using "Tragic Lantern" (if I may call it like that) for a few weeks and I've been doing a little test last night with different settings. With audio off, I've been able to achieve an average 130mbps while recording a city map, with a lot of details in it. The BR peak was around 160mbps. No problems of stability.

I've used different settings to try and see wich ones would give be the highest BR, and here's the result, finally, I ended up with theses settings :

CBR mode ALL I GOP 1

GOP factor 0 and 1 at 3.0x
GOP factor 3 and 4 at 0.1x
D1 and D2 factor at 0.1x (what exactly is this setting ? It seems that it doesn't influence BR much...)
JP Slice at 87 and locked
Min BR : 80
Max BR : 200
DblockA - 6
DblockB -6
PicPC -7
Buffer Warn 70%

ISO was 320, and audio was off. My SDHC card are Sandisk Extreme (45MB/s) and Extreme Pro (95MB/s) and both worked.

I don't know if this would be any help, but I figured "you never know"... I used the "422exmem" released. (at first I thought I would be able to record in 422 but I guess I'll to wait for mjpeg encoding if I understand this right ?)

I don't exactly understand what all those settings do, except I think for GOP and Slice, so would you be able to post quickly a little "what's what" about all the settings, like D1,D1, DblockA... Because I don't know if the BR or the encoding quality should be better with lower or higher values...

Thank you for all this amazing work, I think you are just creating, with your work on the 600d, the better HDSLR on the market, even if it's not a full frame.

Jeremy, a french fan of ML

1%

Slice 87 is max quality. If you set it to only 87 you will be max quality all the time. Some scenes will let you record like that and get theoretical max bit rate for camera.

Gop + all X stuff is for the CBR without cache hacks function.

Min max are to drop slice if buffer is getting overflowed.

I need to write a doc or something.

ilguercio

Are you, or Alex, going to port this on other cameras too?
I know there's the problem of cache hacks but i think i wanna risk it for the sake of science :D
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

1%

Well 7d is getting done. Look in FW for the locations of where you need to cache hack.

ilguercio

Well, i just started understanding ML code and refreshing my C studies.
I have Ubuntu in dual boot on my system, so i probably have to run ARM console to do some work, right?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

juantrueno

I know that you maybe already talk about this, but where can I find the latest ML 2.3 with audio controls and exfat  for 600D? What's new on it? Thanks
Canon 600D. Canon 18-135mm f 4/5.6 / 50mm f 1.8 / Yashica (Análogos) 28mm f 2.8 / 50mm f 1.4 / 135mm f 2.8
Vimeo.com/juantrueno youtube.com/juakinyan @JuanTrueno

1%

Yep, the disassembly takes a few days. Both nightly builds of 2.3 and builds in my repo have 600D audio.

juantrueno

Should I wait for next relase? Can I use one of yours? How is it named?
Canon 600D. Canon 18-135mm f 4/5.6 / 50mm f 1.8 / Yashica (Análogos) 28mm f 2.8 / 50mm f 1.4 / 135mm f 2.8
Vimeo.com/juantrueno youtube.com/juakinyan @JuanTrueno

1%

There is a 550D build that lets you change gop, its postfixed 550D. But not up to date.

C.films

So how exactly do I install this into my T3i? Just download the lastest, throw it into my SD card, and turn on the camera? Or is there a specific way I need to install this?

a1ex

Experimental versions are for advanced users, who can read the install guide. For something that works out of the box, wait for a stable release.

See http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3072.0

sparkplug

I've installed the latest nightly build on my canon t3i and it's working just fine, but there is one thing that bothers me. There is this overlay in the center of the screen that reads out +, out -, vol+ and vol - . And in conjunction you can adjust those settings with the arrow or navigation buttons on the right side of the camera. That's a pretty ingenious addition, but I use an external system to control the audio and I'd prefer to turn this function off, but I can't figure out how. Is there a setting in the menu I'm missing?

1%

Robbe

What's the purpose and difference with out +, out - and vol+ and vol-?
And to connect headphones - is the way via Canon A/V cable?
//RoBbe
PS
And once again; impressed by your work and hope Canon realizes it too!
DS
//RobBe
Canon 5D MarkII, Canon 600D, EF 14mm, EF 15mm, EF 35-350, EF 70-200  ML: latest Nighly Build + RAW video module. 32GB Sandisk 800x (120 MB/s) card.

scrax

vol + is more volume
vol - is less volume
out + monitor vol
out - monitor vol
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Robbe

//RobBe
Canon 5D MarkII, Canon 600D, EF 14mm, EF 15mm, EF 35-350, EF 70-200  ML: latest Nighly Build + RAW video module. 32GB Sandisk 800x (120 MB/s) card.