600D Audio TEST release - 2.3 based

Started by scrax, August 13, 2012, 10:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miyake

@1% solved it.
Please check my repo.
Oh no, already 3am!!.  I think really hard work tomorrow :o

1%

Works! A few MS slower than msleep but its consistent.

miyake

hmm, It's working but not beautiful codes.
I will solve it later. Also I understood of around this canon func. So I will try to beep and wav play on headphone monitor.

miyake

In the first time wav recording(first time StartASIFDMAADC) need 180ms to set audio chip configration .
2nd time need under 50ms.

And tried to "Play with headphone monitero", but I can't get success . I think Digital to Analog routing is something wrong.

1%

I remember it playing back through headphones in one of the builds... only it was quieter and monitoring at the same time.

miyake

I found new solution for this issue!
Check my repo and please test it.

The first time StartASIFDMAADC() loading is heavy, so overriding need to wait.
So I think StartASIFDMAADC() need to load start up and status is recording stop.
Then thread? task? is working already. We don't need to wait .

1%

Last commit I see is delete debug. That one is working already.

miyake

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
Sorry
Forgot to input push password. The terminal stopping "Password:"....

1%

First time I tried it for some reason it didn't work... every time after that it has worked and less pops.

jordancolburn

I first installed ML on my t3i to get the audio features and was pretty disappointed to learn that they didn't work.  There were enough amazing features to distract me for a while, but when I started looking again I found your original thread looking into getting the audio working on t3i.  After reading all 20 pages to here or so, I'm really excited to get testing later tonight and help out.  Thanks for all your work!

also, 1%, I saw you were looking into the battery powered Nady preamp, I've had really good luck with the really cheap Behringer mixers.  With condenser mics or electret lavs, you don't need to set the preamps on the camera more than one notch above 0 and you don't even push the Behringer pres that hard so the audio quality is very good despite the cheap mixer (Although you are stuck to being near an outlet, mostly for an interview type scenario).

1%

I already have a plug in pre-amp. Its an audio buddy, not as good as the mixer but acceptable.  Camera preamp is just not cutting it for field work though. The noise isn't from the beachtek, its from the camera. 1.5v AA isn't enough to feed a reliable signal through a passive. I got the nady, it was only $54 shipped, i figure its better than trying to work out plugging in the audio buddy or getting 9vac from batteries. I have some rain mixers/preamps too but they're too big. They might do better than the audio buddy for studio work but they're buried in my storage area. We'll see if nady is good or not when it shows. People were reviewing them poorly but also not using them correctly.

miyake

funkysound

Is there a newer version then "autoexec10" already? I may have a little time for testing next week.  :)
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

miyake

afef619dd741 High bitrate with separate wav with simple menu.
1a056cda3696 add write q for sound recording.

@funkysound
11 is publish soon. wait a moment.

@1%
It still bitrate sub-menu has spaces. I'm temporary added "separate wav recording" menu.
I think your bitrate work may use some profile is best in menu .
Bitrate mode = Normal, ALL-I, GOP3 ...... (like 5D3)

1%

Yep, but we have to find the profiles first. CBR can probably be collapsed back as it never got the bit rates we got now.

If you have any suggestions/additions I'm open to changes. Especially for the buffer override stopping parts. I have latest audio code on my repo but its not exactly 2.3 stock.

miyake

600D audio Test version 0.11 released
http://chirari.ddo.jp/pub/betauploader/600Daudio/

History
-add func for HighBitrate video with WAV recording
-Solve issue: Can't over ride when recording 1st time wav sound.
-Completely equalizer off,
-override audio is faster now. stuttering was small when start recording.
-add some exception for wav recording.
-Playback VOL to 0db.(monitor sound become big)
-all audio setting func is more faster

Known issues(spec?):
-This version has no btirate related menus. It's bug.   
-If you had black screen, simpliy pull out your RCA monitor cable. If not solved black screen , battery pull needed
-can't override when we change volume and audio off/agc/manual settings in canon menu.
*Do override off and on. It means restart overriding.
-Don't work with canon volume 0.
-Wav playback is small volume

1%

After wav recording, will never use canon audio again. :)

Kromofone

I stumbled upon some bugs & freezes when I was going through some things! I'll just say it like this:

Tried to listen to the recorded wav audio via the wav sound recorder, then the ml said i had to disable the headphone monitoring. Then I did and the screen went black. I wanted to operate blindly but the camera wasn't responding. Then I disconnected the Canon AV cable and the camera froze. Had to remove the battery to get it working again.
Can't make a demonstration video atm, watching iPhone 5 event.

Oh and I really like the anamorphic view option in the display monitor, it's awesome, thanks to whoever implemented it, i guess miyake! But defishing also froze my camera so don't use it!

1%

If you turn off headphones the screen will go black with a/v cable plugged in. Unplug THEN turn it off. The wavs need to be edited on PC so that you can scroll through them and all of that. I've had no freezies yet.

miyake

@Kromofone
See youtune on 1st post.  If you want to hear record wav, Just only pull out your RCA cable from camera. Don't need to change monitoring turn off.

and Defish and anamorfic is implement by alex may be. 

If you find some bugs except audios, you never mind it bugs.

Roman

Not sure if this is a bug or something I did wrong :)

But was out filming today, was too busy managing the video to worry about audio, so set the camera to Automatic in the Canon menu, and then ML override off.

None of my footage came out with any sound.

I assume ML override means to override whatever the Canon audio portion decides to do?

So if turned off, should revert to whatever's specified in the Canon menu?

When I looked in the canon menu I could see the audio bars corresponding to noise, so figured it was working.

However I dont think they were working on the ML screen display, which makes sense I guess.

I had an external stereo mic plugged in, video mode, recording in various formats.

I noticed smooth ISO is in there, which is freaken awesome!

It would be nice to be able to set an upper ISO limit though, and maybe incorporate ML overrides so it can go to 25. (I'm sure this is in the works :) )

miyake

@Roman
Thankyou. We never check it.
And solved it.

1%

Been using wav so never checked for AGC (auto) mode especially. Was this from pre-loading the ADC?

Roman

Aahh sorry, what's ADC?

I literally didnt touch anything on the audio side.

Just external stereo shotgun mic plugged in, checked in the menu it wasnt set to ML override on,  checked it was set to Auto in the Canon menu, and that was that.

1%

ADC is analog to digital converter... AGC is auto gain control which is what happens when you set canon menu to auto.