Help! I'm Paranoid!

Started by Wyatt, August 13, 2012, 06:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyatt

So i'm planning on installing magic lantern for the first time on my t2i when 2.3 comes out tomorrow, what should I watch out for/do to make the process of installing and having magic lantern as safe as possible?

Can magic lantern hurt my camera? If so by how much? What do I do if such a thing were to happen?

Thanks guys, and thanks for dealing with me and my anxiety.

Francis

Follow the installation instructions, read the user guide. While it definitely could in theory damage your camera, it hasn't happened yet. At least not permanently. If you were to encounter a catastrophic problem, someone on these forums can talk you through fixing it probably. There is also this list of solutions for various "bricked camera" situations.

Just follow the instructions and RTFM and you will be fine.

Wyatt

thanks man, one last thing, ill be using an external monitor (a haier 7in) for a movie im shooting on tuesday. It plugs in through the AV digital out on my t2i, not the HDMI out. Would this in anyway screw with ML?

Thanks dude

Francis

Not sure about this one as I don't have any experience with external monitors. Someone else can chime in perhaps with their experiences.

he56ys5ysu7w4

Amateur shooting family stills and video
Gear: Canon 600D/T3i -- Sigma 30/f1.4 EX DC HSM -- Canon EF-S 15-85/f3.5-5.6 IS USM -- Canon EF 50/1.8 II -- V3 LCD Viewfinder loupe -- Velbon RUP-L40
Editing with LR3 and FCPX