Weird menu flickering/ghosting after T3i 1.0.2 firmware upgrade?

Started by apinstein, August 13, 2012, 04:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apinstein

I just upgraded my Canon T3i to 1.0.2 as required to prep for ML. After the upgrade, the menu screen flickers and I can see the words "Firmware update software" ghosted onto the screen at all times.

Ok, well, weird, I could, until I just turned the camera on again... so maybe this problem fixed itself?

Has anyone experienced this? It has me a bit worried to have the camera in a weird state before installing ML.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Alan

apinstein

This was so weird. Every time I used the camera, the ghosting and flickering got better. By this morning, there were no issues so I tried to install ML. Worked great.

So just wanted to share for the group if it happened to anyone else that it seems to be a transient issue.

bart

did you clear your settings after patching the firmware with magic lantern?

apinstein

The flickering/ghosting happened before I installed ML. I cleared the camera settings before I did the 1.0.1->1.0.2 Canon Firmware upgrade.

aegisdi

Hum...  I am having a similar problem with 2.3  on firmware 1.0.2.  In movie mode, when I hit the trash button to bring up the ML menus, it flickers back and forth with a Canon screen for adjusting picture style.  Makes it hard to adjust any settings.  The flicker didn't exist in ML 2.2 on firmware 1.0.1

I searched the forum for this problem, surely I can't be the only one with flicker problems.

smashgnashgab

I had the same experience (EOS Canon 600D, upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 as prep for ML). Fortunately the flickering appears to be gone after one or two hours already. I don't know yet if there are any lasting effects.

Besides this anomaly, when upgrading the firmware I did see the progress bar, but after that the screen went black. The camera was still on, but I did not get the 'Update is complete.' screen. Instead I had the normal user interface and the 'Update is complete.' screen was barely visible as ghost in the background.

honza123

I have the same experience, occasionally, when I use ML and camera crash.
EOS 5D Mk.II