45fps or 60fps in canon 5d mark III

Started by davilucho, July 22, 2017, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davilucho

Hello all
I have the crop mode module in my mark III. Im trying to shoot at 45fps fullhd raw in a continious way, but i cant get it. Honestly i dont know exactly what settings i need. If someone can help me i would appreciate so much.
Other question. Is it possible to shoot 60 fps raw full hd?? and at 3.5k??
Thanks to all the team of magic lantern for this fantastic toll
David

Kharak

For 45 fps 1080p 3x3: In canon menu set to 720p 60p (in movie mode, press Q and change the setting) Go to FPS override and in its Sub-menu, instead of Exact FPS set it to Low Light and ofc set the fps to 45. Same goes for 60Fps 3x3 mode, the Low Light option has something to do with the sensor readout.

Note that in Image Fine Adjustment, like shutter speed will behave differently in Low Light mode than when Exact FPS is selected, I can help you a long way here with 60p mode. Set canon shutter speed (down to) 125, go to image fine adjustments and set shutter timer to +1.25. That will give you 120.405 shutter speed, the closest you can get to a 180 degree angle. Its important that you go higher than 125 shutter and then pull it down to 125. Because ML has this weird thing when setting a shutter UP to the desired number, it will most times get stuck on the one under, so you set the shutter up to 125 but ml reports something 80 or 90, but when lowering shutter speed with scroll wheel (down to) your desired speed, it will remain correct. hope it makes sense, had a gin+tonic too much already ;)

The less global draw stuff you have running, the longer the record times, ultimately having Half-Shutter press set to Clear Overlays will in most cases double your recording times.
once you go raw you never go back

davilucho

Wowwwwww!!
Thanks a lot Kharak for your help, it was very usefull. Now... in canon menu i dont have the option to change 720p 60p only 1280p 50fps, so... im a bit stuck in this point.
For now im good trying to shoot in 45fps full hd,i will leave for the future the 60fps.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: davilucho on July 24, 2017, 04:01:04 PM
Now... in canon menu i dont have the option to change 720p 60p only 1280p 50fps, so... im a bit stuck in this point.

Open Canon Menu and change
"Video system PAL"
to
"Video system NTSC"

davilucho

Thanks very much for the info, it works great.
Other question. Do you normally increase to 100 or 120 sutter speed when you are shooting 50fps or 60fps??