Audio RemoteShot on 600D

Started by moftangiu, August 13, 2012, 12:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moftangiu

I don't get it and I couldn't find an answer in the guide.

This option and LcdSensor Remote are missing in Shoot Menu on my camera.

Now, even if it's not mentioned in the guide, the absence of the LcdSensor Remote function is understandable, because the sensor is physically missing, but Audio RemoteShot? The mic is there, near the logo.

I'm missing something or there is some problem with my ML? (ML is 2.3 and firmware 1.0.2)

scrax

Since audio is disabled by canon in photo mode it was not working good on 600D (since 3 weeks ago).

you can follow this post if you want to know more about where we are now. Tomorrow will be released the first BETA TEST release for audio control on 600D. so you can try it but please remeber that beta means that it could have bugs and you are a tester, so if you want or need to rely on ML please use the stable 2.3 and wait for 2.4 for stable audio support on 600D

and from the 2.3 guide about audio on 600D:
"Manual audio controls.

This menu is not available on Canon 600D / T3i.

The 600D/T3i already has manual audio control, but right now it's not possible to change audio settings from Magic Lantern. You can only use audio meters during recording."

If you think that the guide need to or could be better wrote, just do it on the wiki, thanks.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

moftangiu

Thank you for your answer. I'll test the beta version.