Install Question

Started by FilthyHarry, July 12, 2017, 05:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FilthyHarry

Hello, sorry for what I'm sure has been asked but I didn't find:

I have a 64gb sd card I'd like to test ML on for my Canon T2i. Assuming I install it and it works correctly, I'd like to upgrade to a 128gb card. Will there be any issues if I install ML onto the new 128gb card and then use that instead of the 64gb card I have installed? OR should I skip testing on the 64gb, and just get the 128gb card in install once there?

Thanks!

Walter Schulz

If you didn't find anything it is most likely that your issues are not relevant.
But most people do not like to put all the eggs in one basket and a 120 GiByte card will allow you to record for about 1h 40min with highest transfer rate available (which is about 20 MeByte/s for T2i). Do you really need that much capacity?

FilthyHarry

Thanks for replying. I probably don't. My main interest is taking long (6-8hr) timelapses so I want to make sure I've got the capacity. I also happen to need a card with faster speed. I'm using an older microsd in an sd adapter now. Shooting a lot of raw images long shutter speeds I want to make sure my write times are good.

Basically just wanted to make sure no problem with the following process: install ML using my current card, test it, install ML on a new card and swap it.

Walter Schulz

As of today T2i's UHS-I interface limit is about 20 MeByte/s. Faster cards won't help apart from transfering to PC in a fast card reader.