MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Quote from: bouncyball on February 16, 2022, 06:17:19 PM
I can confirm windows version works and linux version too.
I again found 2 bugs and fixed them on renaming function...
On Linux it was possible to rename clips so far?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

dream951

Quote from: ML700D on February 17, 2022, 03:09:02 AM
RBF denoiser from MLVapp
yes, dark frames like denoising frames. you can read here from masc

and YT compression if you upload to youtube

Thanks a lot!
5DIII crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2022May15.5D3123
Sigma Art 24/1.4 50/1.4 135/1.8 + Canon 24-105/4 70-200/4 + Samyang 8/3.5 + Helios 58-2

dream951

Guys, hello!
Please help with the correct video coloring process in 3dlut. I export mlv to a dng series, with corrections completely off in all settings, then open the first dng from the series in 3d lut creator, set input and output profiles to off. But the pictures are absolutely different, the histogram also confirms this. Various combinations of input and output profile also do not give me a picture (for example, the input is linear, and the output is rec709, which would be logical) that matches what is displayed in mlvapp. And any adjustments in 3dl in the future in mlvapp are displayed incorrectly. Tell me what I'm doing wrong and how can I make the frames and correction match. Thanks
Sigma Art 24/1.4 50/1.4 135/1.8 + Canon 24-105/4 70-200/4 + Samyang 8/3.5 + Helios 58-2

masc

In the end DNG is RAW. MLVApp won't change e.g. exposure. Did you record HDR video? Brightness changes in all frames here.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

dream951

Quote from: masc on February 17, 2022, 07:54:48 PM
In the end DNG is RAW. MLVApp won't change e.g. exposure. Did you record HDR video? Brightness changes in all frames here.
No, simple test shot only
Sample screenshots there:
https://fex.net/ru/s/l3se7da
https://fex.net/ru/s/b8ynayt

masc

Would be better if you upload the problematic frames as MLV. Can't help with processed frames...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

dream951

Quote from: masc on February 17, 2022, 08:03:56 PM
Would be better if you upload the problematic frames as MLV. Can't help with processed frames...
It is in a second link

masc

One DNG? I can't compare anything with one single file. And DNG is the output - can't check for bugs or MLVApp behavior with that.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

dream951

Quote from: masc on February 17, 2022, 08:21:32 PM
One DNG? I can't compare anything with one single file. And DNG is the output - can't check for bugs or MLVApp behavior with that.
Solved the problem by writing to the 3dlut developer. The solution is quite simple - export to TIFF and further processing in 3dlut, the results are the same! Thank you for your responsiveness, masc!

ML700D

Film (3/5 Reinhard) + Dark Frames + RBF Denoiser + Grain
with enable filter to Toy Camera reduced to 60
iso 800 f/2.8 crop_rec 1x3 4K
EOS 700D

ML700D

masc,
I get this problem with dualiso, I noticed it appeared around the small edge of the image at a certain distance. I once asked this in Bilal's thread post.
here is the file --> M19-1046.MLV

EOS 700D

masc

Looks like focus pixels. Currently there is no way to fix them in dualiso footage.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

lil4ml

Quote from: bouncyball on February 16, 2022, 06:17:19 PM
Hi guys!

I can confirm windows version works and linux version too.
Great job @masc! (as usual)

Here is latest static 64bit windows build if anyone needs it but can't compile. Just unpack and put the binary to mlvapp folder.

regards
bb
testet this linked build and can confirm that it is working for me too.
one minor thing. after renaming a file from session list that was not active(preview mode) the renamed file becomes active but the font highlight is still on the old file. does not bother me.

munch better workflow for me now.
BIG thanks masc
and thanks for compiling bouncyball

masc

Those minor things should be fixed in latest commit already. But thanks for reporting!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Skinny

Can I ask about some feature request?

It would be really helpful if the interface of the program could be switched to light grey/white theme.
I like black interface but it is important to sometimes see how everything looks on a white background, because many consumer level monitors have some sorts of auto-contrast that can not be switched off, and the picture you see when working with dark interface is kind of different than you will see when upload everything on the internet, where sites usually have light backgrounds...

And not only monitors adjusts their brightness/contrast, our eyes too. So it is just helpful to switch the interface sometimes. For example, in photoshop you can click on a background and select custom color, usually I select almost pure white. And then the picture looks a lot more like it will be on the internet.

But this is just a suggestion, if it is too hard to implement or requires a lot of work then... I think everybody can live without it :) but if in some future version we will see such an option, it will be very nice.

masc

@Skinny:
Thanks for the request. I could offer realizing something similar to Lightroom - the theme is still dark, but the color of the viewer background could be changed. It would look like this:

Changing an entire theme is difficult - hundreds of line of code and no guaranty it looks good in the end...

Edit: feature commited to repos.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Skinny

@masc thank you! This is great, changing the background color is very helpful.

By the way, I am always surprised how much free software is better than commercial. When people ask for something, for example, from Adobe, they usually just ignore everything :D
And here we see a real community and a program that really develops and becomes more mature every day. You and all other guys who work on this program are just awesome! :)

IDA_ML

Changing background color would be another very welcome addition to this fantastic software.  Thanks a lot, Masc, for considering it!  I have been using MLVApp to process my still RAW files from the 5D3 for quite some time now and cannot be happier.  The processing flexibility and precision helps me get much better results compared to ACR, especially w.r.t. skin tones and noise reduction.  And I love the fact that it gets better and better. 

Congratulations to the developers for their amazing achievement!

kob

Is there an audio adjustment in MLVapp ?

My (audio) recording settings (in Canon menu) are set as low as possible, and my videos are (overload) crackling in the audio.

Using EOSM, and there is no "quieter" microphone setting. Unless it's inside MLVapp or Magic Lantern. The audio is useless. 

bouncyball

Quote from: kob on March 02, 2022, 12:07:42 AM
Is there an audio adjustment in MLVapp ?
Nope.

My (audio) recording settings (in Canon menu) are set as low as possible, and my videos are (overload) crackling in the audio.
Using EOSM, and there is no "quieter" microphone setting. Unless it's inside MLVapp or Magic Lantern. The audio is useless.
If audio has clipped during acquisition you can't do anything about it in post, except just lower gain a bit and apply some smoothing filter to not hear that awful crackling. Anyway, information is gone and you're not gonna recover it.

My suggestion is to use external mic/preamp/recorder (built in mic sucks on every eos cam anyway) if eosm can't handle high decibels well (AGC is always on?). And sync it in post.

theBilalFakhouri

Same thing happens for me,

On my 700D the audio settings from Canon menu is being ignored when recording RAW video, probably ML bug or maybe this feature isn't implemented for some models like 700D and EOS M.

Skinny

Quote from: bouncyball on March 02, 2022, 09:38:24 AM
If audio has clipped during acquisition you can't do anything about it in post, except just lower gain a bit and apply some smoothing filter to not hear that awful crackling. Anyway, information is gone and you're not gonna recover it.
there is also izotope RX de-clip, which can restore some digital clipping, but don't expect too much.. here you can hear an example: https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/using-the-de-clip-plug-in-to-fix-clipped-vocals.html

bouncyball

Btw this audio issue is the main reason why Magic Lantern project even exists...

Trammel was unhappy with audio recording levels on his 5d2 and used his RE and programming skills and chdk project as a basis to write his own ARM code to set the audio levels for his cam. So ML was born :D