MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Feel free to implement. You can start from scratch, because not much could be used from what we have now.

Quote from: kidfob on April 21, 2021, 10:41:09 PM
One could loop through all the MLVs in a folder, processing them with multiple instances of the App. Maybe one instance per CPU core or logical processor.
MLVApp and ffmpeg are optimized in processing with ideal thread count for maximum performance. So why should we do this?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

kidfob

I'd do this since Dual ISO is a bottleneck and I currently have to manually open a new instance of MLVApp per each MLV. It'd be nice to be able to automate this via batch processes. Command line functionality could facilitate that.

masc

As Danne already told, DualISO in MLVApp is very unreliable and shouldn't be used as is. Use cr2hdr version instead - it is commandline based already.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

Markus is there some non complex way for me to change in the sourcecode when lut is applied in mlvapp pipeline ? I want it to be absolute last thing applied to footage.
I want it to be after chroma smoothing, after stabilisation and after adding toning, white balance change etc.
Most luts react differently when i give the footage blue tint and i use "toning" panel to do that but its affecting currently afterlut footage not pre-lut.
Or am i wrong and it is at the end ?

masc

Current order of these steps is: chroma smooth --> whitebalance --> toning --> lut --> stabilization (by ffmpeg on export).
(If you're interested, see raw_processing.c, apply_processing_object(...). This is the processing after RAW Corrections, debayering and whitebalance.)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

thanks! This is responsible for grain size ?
double weight = sumL / 1.5 / 65535.0;
I see that in 1080 or 2800 pixels fooage grain size is different, relative to resolution, so id like to change the size for 2.8k

masc

Grain size is always 1x1 pixel. Currently there is no way to adjust it.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

I find it very useful that you opened transfer function for processing and i could create more looks more freely using luts that just werent working with previous locked algorithms.
Is saturation algorithm able to be opened like that ?
What i really want to do is to make it behave identical to HUE vs saturation or luminance vs saturation algos because their algorithms are much cleaner, i find saturation slider below vibrance to be very noisy when moving up, introducing a lot of artifacts while adding saturation especially in reds, while hue vs saturation have almost none even when maxed out.
Or can i somehow swap algorithms in the sourcecode ?
Sometimes i cant use luma vs sat or hue vs sat because theyre already taken and used to correct for something else.
here are maxed out Hue vs sat, saturation slider (one below vibrance), original image.
saturation slider artifacts appear very soon when i bump it up.

masc

Saturation is more than a single equation, so this can't be changed in the same way like profile. But tweaking the code is easy. Look at raw_processing.c line 1005.

if( processing->saturation > 1.01 || processing->saturation < 0.99 )
{
}

I also don't like the saturation slider. That's why I implemented the vibrance, which looks more natural.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ML700D

hi there..
I have tried this app and it does an amazingly good job, thanks to @ilia3101.

btw, Is MLVApp using CUDA?
EOS 700D

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ML700D

Hi again,

I have a problem when using MLVApp with dual iso, if zoomed in the image look like this:

how to fix this? thanks.
EOS 700D

Walter Schulz

kidfob

ML700D

EOS 700D

masc

Quote from: kidfob on April 26, 2021, 01:09:06 AM
Is there a way to set vertical stipes to Off by default?
Yes: create your own default receipt and activate it via menu (Use Default Receipt).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ML700D

hi there..

sometimes dual ISO work nice with MLVApp I don't know why..

I think it's depend on the focus object itself, maybe it shouldn't be too bright or too dark. IMO
EOS 700D

ML700D

in this video, I tried to shoot some footages with Dual ISO 100/800 in close up and in MLV APP I used preset Alexa Log-c and left the other as default setting.
I think the result is pretty good, although there is a bit noticeable green pink noise when edited, maybe it can be eliminate by chroma smooth, perhaps?  :D

I understand what was talked here, but I think MLV App still can produce something good with dual ISO..

just sharing my opinion.. thanks!  ;D
EOS 700D

ML700D

my second test using crop mode UHD anamorphic 1x3 and Dual ISO 100/1600
in MLV App I set the chroma smooth and it looks better, I think.  :D
well, so far so good without or maybe unseen by me that naughty colors.  :D :D
I appreciate and thank ilia3101's work.

EOS 700D