MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Finally new version is out:

New in v1.12:
- Selection for copy / paste receipts reworked
- Added profile and gamma definition by math expression (still work in progress)
- Added auto focus pixel map download and update
- Fix for no audio in spanned clips
- Fix for darkframe subtraction
- Added Session table mode (shows all session clip metadata in one table)
- Added CineForm export 10bit (4:2:2) and 12bit (4:4:4)
- Added H.265 export 10bit (4:2:0) and 12bit (4:4:4)
- Added grain generator luma weight slider (apply grain in dependency to luma)
- Some bug fixes and some minor changes
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

wib

oooh what is that ?

"Fix for no audio in spanned clips"

is it the audio bug that occurs with card spanning recording ?

EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

yokashin

70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

masc

Quote from: wib on March 08, 2021, 12:29:46 PM
oooh what is that ?

"Fix for no audio in spanned clips"

is it the audio bug that occurs with card spanning recording ?
Let me think about... the fix is nearly a year ago... :D Sometimes MLVApp did not show the audio part in clips, when card spanning was used (but audio was definitively inside). I still have a similar looking problem today, but here there is no audio in those clips.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Richard R

Hello,
I am completely new on this forum. So this question might have been asked before. Today I downloaded the new MLV app 1.12. Now everything seems okay, but if I choose BDM film preset the MLV footage becomes very dark and the highlights over exposed. If I just choose processing gamut: BDM film it looks better but not like the previous version of MLV app. Is this a bug or perhaps someone has an answer. By the way, I use a Mac.
Thank's a lot
Richard

masc

If you like to use the BMDFilm preset, you must use an older version. Since 1.12 a preset must be defined as math eqaution. And there is no equation published for BMDFilm. In older versions we implemented a kind of LUT just for this single preset. The profile feature is still work in progress, but it seems BMDFilm will not longer be supported, because it is Blackmagics secret.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Richard R

Quote from: masc on March 08, 2021, 05:05:29 PM
If you like to use the BMDFilm preset, you must use an older version. Since 1.12 a preset must be defined as math eqaution. And there is no equation published for BMDFilm. In older versions we implemented a kind of LUT just for this single preset. The profile feature is still work in progress, but it seems BMDFilm will not longer be supported, because it is Blackmagics secret.
Thank you Masc for your reply. As usual a fast reply. Anyhow I use DNG, only sometimes I export as ProRes. But it is good to know.
We know each other from You tube.
A Warsteiner for you. Cheers.  ;D
Richard

Kharak

once you go raw you never go back

masc

Quote from: Kharak on March 16, 2021, 12:54:34 PM
What did you fix with Darkframe Averaging
There was a bug, that darkframe files weren't unloaded after a frame was processed. And at some point (in playback or export) that crashed the app.
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/commit/046c603a86f343e8eb43049504369310f62149b0
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

canoneer

Hi all. Been advised to build a local test - and have follow Dannes simple route for Mac on 1st page.

Though being lost in Mac-details I managed to compile - but I do not know where to pick up the result from the compile nor what next step should be - a successful compile do not help much without getting next step done I guess (42 years since programming was my job for a short while).

masc

Fine! Next step would be to test as much as you can (as much combinations of features possible) with your build and report problems. That build will mostly just work with your computer... dependencies should all be installed by the installation of Qt.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Mr_gorilla_image

Hi team

I have an issue that I believe has already been encountered before and addressed so sorry if this is a repeat (I can find a reference or solution to it on here).

Installed MLV App today (on windows 10Pro) and was able to export all codec types with no issues..... Something has happened and now I can export to DNG only.

The export process appears to run as normal, but no files are actually exported.

Very 'green' to all this so not sure what info is needed to explain further (I just loaded ML onto my 5DmkIII today).

Thanks in advance for help 

Best

M

bouncyball

Quote from: Mr_gorilla_image on March 18, 2021, 11:49:20 PM
Installed MLV App today (on windows 10Pro) and was able to export all codec types with no issues..... Something has happened and now I can export to DNG only.

The export process appears to run as normal, but no files are actually exported.
Seems like, annoying ;), console window has been closed, or ffmpeg.exe is not reachable.

2blackbar

Is it normal that it takes twice as long to exportvideo with grain enabled - 45mins vs wih disabled - 22 minutes?

masc

Quote from: 2blackbar on April 02, 2021, 07:15:32 PM
Is it normal that it takes twice as long to exportvideo with grain enabled - 45mins vs wih disabled - 22 minutes?
Definitively not. Here, adding noise makes nearly no difference in export time. Denoising would be slow.

Edit:
Quick test results of a test clip, just for the difference: default settings, AMaZE, H.264 export:
without noise: 2:15min
with noise: 2:43min
In preview it is closer. It seems the encoder needs more time. MLVApp processing is not too difficult for a processor.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

i also  add sharpness to 64 and upscale 1920 to 2500 then go h265, would  that make a difference?

masc

Sharpness and upscaling also doesn't change that, because grain is generated in source resolution, after sharpening. H.265 is very CPU hungry. This could be the reason.

Edit: difference is about the same as above. Difference default vs. grain+scaling+sharpness should be bigger.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Dmytro_ua

I've got some strange behavior. When exporting converted clips after export is done, the destination folder is empty. Tried different export formats/settings.
I'll try to find the problem as I assume, I'm doing smth wrong. Never happened before. Win10 64.
I'll report here later
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

yokashin

I used to describe a similar problem.

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20025.msg223632#msg223632

Quote from: Dmytro_ua on April 05, 2021, 01:59:48 PM
I've got some strange behavior. When exporting converted clips after export is done, the destination folder is empty. Tried different export formats/settings.
I'll try to find the problem as I assume, I'm doing smth wrong. Never happened before. Win10 64.
I'll report here later
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: masc on April 05, 2021, 02:08:52 PM
Probably ffmpeg is missing in your MLVApp installation folder.

ffmpeg seems to be there

The path does not contain any non Latin symbols.

G:\!!!!!DNG DAVINCI TEST\MLV APP\Rozetka\TPLink

masc

Does it export to "an easy path" like C:\test.mov ?
Did you close the command line window on export?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: masc on April 05, 2021, 03:04:13 PM
Does it export to "an easy path" like C:\test.mov ?

Yes, it does. Strange thing though I've used this path before.

I've also found that it couldn't export regular DNGs to that path giving me an error of corrupted frames (all of them).

Anyway, smth's wrong with my path:
G:\!!!!!DNG DAVINCI TEST\MLV APP\Rozetka\TPLink

Walter Schulz

If you want to live a happy life you should learn to keep your path names clean!
Avoid fancy things like spaces and !!!!!. Use _ instead to enhance readability.

Dmytro_ua