Author Topic: MLV App 1.11 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]  (Read 500798 times)

timbytheriver

• Senior
Ah, thanks! I see now. But if you don't know maths, there is no label to understand what has been selected.  ???

I see the tags now in ProRes export ffmpeg Anatolyi. But whatever preset/space/gamma is exported it just writes default 1-1-1 tags. Maybe this is mac only?
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

masc

• Contributor
Ah, thanks! I see now. But if you don't know maths, there is no label to understand what has been selected.  ???
There can't be any label, because this feature exists to tweak the formula. You can freely define your transfer function, instead of nearly all other applications - so there can't be a default name for all possibilities of functions - the list is endless.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

timbytheriver

• Senior
Righto. Thanks. That's hardcore! I'd better learn me some functions math.  :P
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Milk and Coffee

What would be the proper way for me to rename long clips (multiple 4gb split .MLV's) BEFORE importing into MLV app? Do I just need to change the name of all files?
Gear: Canon 5D Mark II

Danne

• Contributor
How come you are not able to test it yourself? Something wrong with you computer?

Milk and Coffee

No, just thought maybe someone had a good insight from a previous experience. Thanks, really helpful though!
Gear: Canon 5D Mark II

jdana

• New to the forum
MLV App compiled for Apple's new m1 soc
« Reply #4481 on: November 13, 2020, 08:41:22 AM »
I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if anyone was thinking about this? Apple will soon (next few years) be moving to ARM for all of its computers.

Is a version of MLV App for arm in the works?

Thanks so much,

Jonathan

harkr

• Just arrived
Hi there, I am new here and was wondering whether anybody might be able to help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having with MLV App / FCP XML.

Basically I used a 5Dm3/ML to shoot something, created ProRes proxies using the MLV App, locked my edit in Adobe Premiere, and am now trying to online to RAW for color correction.  My plan was to use the FCPXML Import Assistant in MLV App to link to the edit's corresponding MLV files and generate RAWs.  So I created an FCP XML file in Premiere from my locked sequence.  But when I try to use the FCP XML Import Assistant in MLV App, I'm unable to select my XML - I can navigate to it in the selection window of the Import Assistant, but it's grayed out and unclickable.

I'm not sure where I went wrong, and would truly appreciate any help that anyone could provide, as I'm hoping to meet a tight deadline.  Apologies if this isn't the right place or way to post this query, and I very much appreciate any attention to this. Thank you!

masc

• Contributor
@harkr: as far as I know Premiere is not able to export "real" FCPXML files. And as you see, you did not export a .fcpxml, but a .xml. This is a difference, and that is why you can't import into MLVApp. I've never seen a .xml from Premiere, so I can't tell how it looks inside. If Premiere really exports a fcpxml (but with xml ending), you could try to rename the file ending. But no idea if MLVApp is able to read it.

@jdana: Apple just presented the new models with M1 processor. None of the devs owns a ARM Mac, and there is no Qt5 (the used development environment) for Mac ARM processors existing. Both is a must have to be able to support it. If Qt5 ever supports this architecture is not sure, because they will start rolling out Qt6. And if Qt6 is really compatible, I can't tell either. Time will tell... but for now it won't be compatible, if I understood right. So for now I recommend to not buy a ARM Mac if you want to edit MagicLantern files. Maybe it works with the use of Rosetta2, but who knows.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202