MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

Another ouch  ;)

I was only trying to help by providing user feedback.

I truly respect and welcome this development, but will now wait patiently as others develop it according to their needs.

Cheers

Garry

Danne

Be sure to keep yourself informed. Most of what´s been asked is already to be found, a little search here or even outside this forum sometimes makes wonders. Or keep asking. Maybe good for keeping things alive, who am I to judge...

Stousen

Quote from: masc on November 25, 2019, 07:59:00 PM
A new MLVApp version has been released.

New in v1.10:
- Added another CA correction (and color moiree) filter
- Removed ffmpeg rescaling
- Added AVIR rescaling for ffmpeg export
- Added ACES AP1 processing gamut
- Added luminance vs. saturation tool
- Improved quality for HSL tools
- Added TIFF averaged frame export
- Added single frame JPG export
- Some bug fixes and some minor changes

Minimum OS:
- OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion
- Windows 7
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Download at https://mlv.app/

'NNNNNNNice!!!! :D

masc

Quote from: a1ex on October 15, 2019, 05:37:26 PM
Small bug (?) report.

While trying to identify the root cause of these artifacts, I've noticed I'm unable to identify ML version used for the original recording. The sample clip shared there appears to be exported from MLV App, and this is the only VERS block I could find:

Block: VERS
  Offset: 0x0000023c
  Number: 8
    Size: 40
    Time: 18446744073709552.000000 ms
  String: 'MLV App version 1.9'

Normally, mlv_rec/mlv_lite are saving extended version info (multiple VERS blocks) about ML core version, alongside with info about modules loaded, including the version of each module.

Based on this, I'd say the preferred way to handle VERS blocks while transcoding is to add the app-specific block on top of existing ones.
@a1ex: Bouncyball was working on a fix for this problem and you could try if it works. It is not yet in the release, but the source is commited to the repos - are you able to compile?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

DeafEyeJedi

When we export JPEG's (JPEG200) it seems to spit out one photo per folder. Is this to be expected?

It would be nice if we can export all the photos into a single folder as opposed to one for each folder.

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

bouncyball

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on November 26, 2019, 12:31:00 AM
When we export JPEG's (JPEG200) it seems to spit out one photo per folder. Is this to be expected?
Not sure about answer, but it looks ridiculous :P

bouncyball

Quote from: masc on November 24, 2019, 10:04:27 PM
There is already a discussion going on. But work hasn't been started.
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/issues/171
Deleting the frame is a bad idea for video, because audio gets out of sync. For the new photo features it maybe makes more sense...
I've got a simple proposition. Let's assume we are searching for bad/pink frames and there are a FEW of them not many. So we can just manually mark them in the mlvapp as such (bad) frames, save this info to some array and use it during export, skipping or duplicating before/after frame or whatever.

There should be a possibility to auto detect frames like this though, with some % accuracy.

Danne

Quote from: bouncyball on November 26, 2019, 09:06:57 AM
I've got a simple proposition. Let's assume we are searching for bad/pink frames and there are a FEW of them not many. So we can just manually mark them in the mlvapp as such (bad) frames, save this info to some array and use it during export, skipping or duplicating before/after frame or whatever.

There should be a possibility to auto detect frames like this though, with some % accuracy.
+10

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: bouncyball on November 26, 2019, 09:06:57 AM
Let's assume we are searching for bad/pink frames and there are a FEW of them not many.

4 years ago I've had a 20 days project on 3 TB HDD which got damaged on the last day (full of footage). I didn't get a lot of experience those days, so it was the only copy.
After a month of recovery information in a local company I've got all my footage with a lot of bad frames. I had to manually cut all these frames in Premiere.
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

histor

There is some open source project with Optical Flow - slowmovideo.granjow.net. Interpolating missing frames may be implementable here too...

masc

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on November 26, 2019, 12:31:00 AM

It would be nice if we can export all the photos into a single folder as opposed to one for each folder.

This is to be expected. MLVApp is a video tool. Normally a video has many frames and the frames of one clip are sorted into a folder.

@bouncyball: if I remember right, we discussed this in past... that's the way to go.

@histor: optical flow is not always usable, because it just works for debayered picture data: e.g. exporting cdng is RAW and would not be possible then.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Quote from: masc on November 26, 2019, 01:08:04 PM
@histor: optical flow is not always usable, because it just works for debayered picture data: e.g. exporting cdng is RAW and would not be possible then.
Curious how Davinci resolve implements optical flow. Do you know @masc?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdevOduygro

Stousen

One thing i thought of when fixing bad pixels yesterday. Is that i could be a nice feature to be able to mask the fix pixel command. So when u are certain of a specific pixel that you want to fix, u dont have to fix the whole frame affecting the whole image, with calculations that could be faulty, on for example reflections in metal etc.
Is

ilia3101

Quote from: Danne on November 26, 2019, 01:23:46 PM
Curious how Davinci resolve implements optical flow. Do you know @masc?

As masc said, on "debayered picture data"

But I have suggested a while ago, we can try to interpret bayer as 4 channel image, which would allow optical flow on bayer raw. Haven't tried it of course, but that's what they do for neural networks.

Also who noticed the new url?

bouncyball

Quote from: masc on November 26, 2019, 01:08:04 PM
This is to be expected. MLVApp is a video tool. Normally a video has many frames and the frames of one clip are sorted into a folder.
Yes. In case when all MLVs are 1 frame (raw2mlv converted) files. I thought DeafEye was talking about regular MLV exporting to jpeg2000 :D

visionbyeric

I thought I would let anyone else having the issue with MLVApp1.10 crashing on Windows 10 64, that I've been using the MLVApp 1.10 Win32 version on my Windows 10 64 PC and its been working flawlessly so far.

I really enjoy this program and appreciate everyone's work!
Thanks

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

bouncyball

Quote from: visionbyeric on November 28, 2019, 08:35:05 PM
I thought I would let anyone else having the issue with MLVApp1.10 crashing on Windows 10 64
Could you be more specific about crashes?
At least:
1. can not be started, crashes imeadiately
2. runs but with random crashes
3. runs but crashes during export
etc...

P.S. Windows 64bit users please report back your experience.

cmh

I fired up a fresh install of windows in a vm and tested 1.10 64 bit static real quick. Importing, moving some sliders, exporting and it didn't crash.