MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilia3101

Quote from: garry23 on November 21, 2019, 07:24:39 AM
Just a thought.

Don't forget some users may be shooting with an IR converted camera, so colour correction, eg WB, will need extreme shifts and channel swapping.

As a say, just a thought, if one is trying to make this App a killer App  ;)

True, maybe we could have an option where one can enter a custom matrix, which can do both channel swapping and any kind of extreme WB.

Or maybe a raw channel gain option, would be simpler.

Mike2000

Quote from: Mike2000 on November 20, 2019, 07:17:59 PM
I'm using the app, but I am not able to get the right ratio. I should get 1280x544 stretching by 1.67x but the heigh is wrong, I'm using a canon1100d 2:35:1, 1280x326.

I'm searching since two weeks to get some info about that, I searched in the forum but I didn't find anything similar to my problem. I tried again other settings but it doesn't work. Could someone help me? Thanks  :)

Luther

Me too. I don't like 3-way wheels. Everything that can be done in wheels can also be done using curves.
IMO, other things should be priority, such as enhancing the denoiser or adding deconvolution...

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Luther on November 21, 2019, 03:15:51 PM
Me too. I don't like 3-way wheels. Everything that can be done in wheels can also be done using curves.

+1

Quote from: Luther on November 21, 2019, 03:15:51 PM
IMO, other things should be a priority, such as enhancing the denoiser or adding deconvolution...

Agreed.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Quentin

masc

Quote from: Mike2000 on November 20, 2019, 07:17:59 PM
I'm using the app, but I am not able to get the right ratio. I should get 1280x544 stretching by 1.67x but the heigh is wrong, I'm using a canon1100d 2:35:1, 1280x326.
Quote from: Mike2000 on November 21, 2019, 02:21:05 PM
I'm searching since two weeks to get some info about that, I searched in the forum but I didn't find anything similar to my problem. I tried again other settings but it doesn't work. Could someone help me? Thanks  :)
Depending on how your camera records, it reads (row,column) 1x1, 3x3 or 5x3. 1x1 and 3x3 don't need stretching, 5x3 needs 1.67x stretching. Maybe you could share a short MLV and we can have a look.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: Quentin on November 24, 2019, 06:23:11 PM
Any chance to provide a portrait rotation for stills processing ?
I dont know if the orientation is embedded into the still.
Thanks
This easy feature is not so easy to implement at this stage of development. We will have to think a lot how to do that without changing too much.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

platu

My workflow involves using MLV App and exporting to Davinci Resolve Studio (using Cinema DNG Fastpass - DaVinci Resolve Naming Scheme.  I know you can see the aperture used in MLV App, but I delete the original MLV files after exporting to Davinci Resolve in order to save drive space.  Unless I'm missing this, is there a way to include the aperture used in the cndg metadata?

masc

Quote from: platu on November 24, 2019, 06:53:53 PM
My workflow involves using MLV App and exporting to Davinci Resolve Studio (using Cinema DNG Fastpass - DaVinci Resolve Naming Scheme.  I know you can see the aperture used in MLV App, but I delete the original MLV files after exporting to Davinci Resolve in order to save drive space.  Unless I'm missing this, is there a way to include the aperture used in the cndg metadata?
Aperture is saved into cdng.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

garry23

Hope someone can help.

When I bring an mlv into the app, how do I delete individual frames.

I can step through the mlv, but can't work out how to delete the frame I'm looking at.

masc

Quote from: garry23 on November 24, 2019, 09:27:41 PM
When I bring an mlv into the app, how do I delete individual frames.
This is not possible. You can set a cut in and a cut out, then export. But deleting a picture from the middle is not possible.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

garry23

@masc

Glad it wasn't me  ;)

The reason I'm asking is that sometimes you get a corrupt frame and for the averaging use case, you wouldn't want that frame to be included.

Would it be too difficult to add such a feature?

BTW I'm currently doing a two step process to arrive at an averaged tiff, ie average the mlv and save it, import the averaged, single frame, mlv and then export as a tiff.

Is there a 'better' way?

Cheers

Garry

masc

There is already a discussion going on. But work hasn't been started.
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/issues/171
Deleting the frame is a bad idea for video, because audio gets out of sync. For the new photo features it maybe makes more sense...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Quote from: garry23 on November 24, 2019, 09:58:49 PM
BTW I'm currently doing a two step process to arrive at an averaged tiff, ie average the mlv and save it, import the averaged, single frame, mlv and then export as a tiff.

Is there a 'better' way?
Select tiff as codec. Under codec select averaged. Export. Done.
If too hard to follow this description check the workflow described averaging iso files coming from the eosm(read a posts a few days ago in the eosm thread).
Or you can search the word tmix and I am certain you'll find out...

2blackbar

I would suggest something else to fix dropped frames - duplicate feature, which would make a virtual duplicate of the file (the same mlv but different export settings used) This way if frame 22 is pink, you can export first mlv from 0 to 21 then duplicated mlv from 23 to the end, skipping pink frame, of course woud be great if mlvapp could when exporting merge two into one file, or just add numbre to make different name for seciod file .

garry23

@Danne

As usual thanks for the heads up:

QuoteSelect tiff as codec. Under codec select averaged. Export. Done.

Found the EOSM Post and downloaded the new version of MLV App

QuoteNew version:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- iso averaging helper(more like iso bracket but still...)

But, no TIFF, just TIFF sequence, and the drop down box underneath it is not active. No average option.

Very confused.

Cheers

Garry

Danne

Oh, you need to wait for a release or ask for someone to compile a version for you.
Cheers
/D

garry23

platu

Quote from: masc on November 24, 2019, 07:26:17 PM
Aperture is saved into cdng.

That's very helpful, thank you.  I guess what I meant to say is if there was a way to view the aperture from within Davinci Resolve?  Other major EXIF fields show up there (ISO, Focal Length, etc).  It's just aperture that doesn't show, at least for my camera (5D Mark III).

masc

Quote from: platu on November 25, 2019, 04:31:14 PM
That's very helpful, thank you.  I guess what I meant to say is if there was a way to view the aperture from within Davinci Resolve?  Other major EXIF fields show up there (ISO, Focal Length, etc).  It's just aperture that doesn't show, at least for my camera (5D Mark III).
Hm... sry, can't help with Resolve and can't fix Resolve. I can't find that either in their table.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

platu

Quote from: masc on November 25, 2019, 04:40:39 PM
Hm... sry, can't help with Resolve and can't fix Resolve. I can't find that either in their table.

OK... thank you anyway.

Mike2000

Quote from: masc on November 24, 2019, 06:30:12 PM
Depending on how your camera records, it reads (row,column) 1x1, 3x3 or 5x3. 1x1 and 3x3 don't need stretching, 5x3 needs 1.67x stretching. Maybe you could share a short MLV and we can have a look.

Hello, we are talking about this in another post, I don't want to start a new one so I give you the link:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=1009.1525

Thanks!  :)

masc

A new MLVApp version has been released.

New in v1.10:
- Added another CA correction (and color moiree) filter
- Removed ffmpeg rescaling
- Added AVIR rescaling for ffmpeg export
- Added ACES AP1 processing gamut
- Added luminance vs. saturation tool
- Improved quality for HSL tools
- Added TIFF averaged frame export
- Added single frame JPG export
- Some bug fixes and some minor changes

Minimum OS:
- OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion
- Windows 7
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Download at https://mlv.app/
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

garry23

@masc

Many, many thanks  :)

Just downloaded and tested against my simple needs, ie averaged TIFF.

One question I have is: is there a reason to limit the averaging to 128.

If this is the case, I will need to split out an MLV if it has captured more images and blend then separately together.

At a 1 fps capture, this means I'm limited to a 2min exposure equivalent, ie some 120s.

If it was possible to increase this 128 limit, I would welcome this.

Cheers

Garry

Danne

It is not according to tmix filter ffmpeg spec. Think it's mentioned here as well.
Feel free to create a workaround maybe by pipes or modifying ffmpeg source code.
Yeah, I know you are not a videographer and not a coder ;).
But maybe a learner..

Check this bible:
http://www.astro-electronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf

Some code:
https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/patch/8626/