MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

F***... I got it. I forgot to commit the project file. Sorry guys. Now I am 99.9% sure it works for you!  :P
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

timbytheriver

Not fixed here. Same error.

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_CACorrection", referenced from:
      _applyProcessingObject in raw_processing.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang-7: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [MLV App.app/Contents/MacOS/MLV App] Error 1

Makefile:
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: masc on November 01, 2019, 04:40:42 PM
F***... I got it. I forgot to commit the project file. Sorry guys. Now I am 99.9% sure it works for you!  :P

Make that 100% -- genius work and thanks for the quick fix @masc!  8)

EDIT:

For those who are curious how powerful this new CA Correction addition can be...

https://vimeo.com/370356039

Thanks to @reddeercity for the sample file from 5D2

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

timbytheriver

@masc  Make that 101%! All good now. Many thanks!   :D

*digging out old 5D2 footage of brick walls and roof tiles *  ;D
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

escho

Can´t compile here in openSUSE:

https://seescho.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/screenshot_20191101_214048.jpg

Including stdint.h into src/processing/cafilter/ColorAberrationCorrection.h fixes the problem

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

masc

Thanks Edgar! Always the same problem. These types are known on OSX when including stdlib.h, on other platforms we need stdint.h as well. That's why I forget that every time! I commited that into the repos! Thank you.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

escho

https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

cmh

I also added #include <stdint.h> to src\processing\cafilter\ColorAberrationCorrection.c and src\processing\cafilter\ColorAberrationCorrection.h otherwise it wouldn't compile on Windows.

I tried it very quick with amaze and it's definitly the best solution so far. This is a huge improvement in terms of details over IGV. I should probably test with a color chart, check the skin tones and also the noise level on high iso too because it might dual-purpose as a quick denoiser.

Luther

Compiled on Windows 10. Works well. Test taken with 50D (@reddeercity new "4k" build):

Without "CA Desaturate" (click for full-res):

With "CA Desaturate":

masc

@Luther: did you increase CA radius? Maybe it even becomes better...

Quote from: cmh on November 01, 2019, 11:02:14 PM
... and also the noise level on high iso too because it might dual-purpose as a quick denoiser.
Yes, sometimes it reduces color noise a bit. Therefor luma noise seems to become a little "harder".
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Luther

Quote from: masc on November 02, 2019, 12:26:34 PM
@Luther: did you increase CA radius? Maybe it even becomes better...
I did, but then it starts to desaturate other tones of red and the shades start to blend together. I've also noticed some color shift while using it. Not too bad, but you can notice even on the example posted above (leafs on the left shift green tones to yellow).

masc

Ah okay, so you tried. Yes, you have to take care with your pictures details! I got the best results for threshold 70..95 and radius 1..5.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

CA correction is doing wonders. A few edge cases:

CA Desaturate Threshold 100

CA Desaturate Threshold 100

I skip fix focus pixels and use chroma smooth 3x3 instead here since the neighbouring pixel cloning inherits some new artifacts in this case. Footage from eosm and mcm rewired mode.
Good job masc.

DeafEyeJedi

These are wonderful examples @Danne and I def agree that @masc got this one down so brilliantly well w CA Desat!

Quote from: Danne on November 05, 2019, 02:05:09 AM
I skip fix focus pixels and use chroma smooth 3x3 instead here since the neighbouring pixel cloning inherits some new artifacts in this case re: eosm MCM Rewired

Great call actually!

masc

Thanks for the nice words. But I just changed some minor lines and the interface of the implementation I found, to adapt it for MLVApp. The implementation itself was done by someone else, according to this paper:
http://cspl.postech.ac.kr/paper/international%20Journal/2010%20Removing%20chromatic%20aberration%20by%20digital%20image%20processing.pdf
@Danne: the tests are great!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

@Danne wow it's actaully getting rid of those things :o

This might even save reddeercity's 4K modes :D

Danne

Quote from: Ilia3101 on November 05, 2019, 03:31:20 PM

Complete badass code. HOw did you get it in there @masc?

masc

Quote from: Danne on November 05, 2019, 03:57:41 PM
Complete badass code. HOw did you get it in there @masc?
Quote from: Ilia3101 on November 05, 2019, 03:31:20 PM

The code was already great. The main problem was, it was using openCV and was made for 8bit color. So I changed it to 16bit and implemented the openCV functions by myself (just some standard matrix operations). What the main code base does... no idea... I did not understand and I don't plan to understand. Most important: it seems to do what we need!  :P
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

DeafEyeJedi

rmp

How does one get mesc's CA addon to work in linux?

My weapon of choice as a begginer in filmaking and the Magic Lantern ecosystem is the 1100d, and, as you can imagine, getting some usable raw video out of this camera has been a (delightful) challenge by itself.

I've been searching this thread for other matters of the raw workflow, but got hung up on the magical CA slidders. How can a linux novice get them in mlv app?

Thank you for any clarifications.

Danne

Unlike deafeyejedi´s reports I managed to export a dng file after conversion from CR2 to MLV with Ilia3101 raw2mlv conversion tool just fine. Here´s a CR2 dualiso wrapped into mlv then processed and exported to dng in Mlv App:

One feature not in Switch yet is that raw2mlv will cat and output multiple files into one big mlv file if chained up in command line. In practice this means we can collect all dualiso CR2 files into one big mlv, import it into Mlv App and then export every dualiso file indivually into dng files. Works, just tested.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on November 08, 2019, 07:15:34 AM
Unlike deafeyejedi´s reports I managed to export a dng file after conversion from CR2 to MLV with Ilia3101 raw2mlv conversion tool just fine.

WoW. I am puzzled. What were your settings from export within MLV_App to get this valid DNG file to work in Adobe?

Though I dig that Dual-ISO shot of your sexy cat!  8)

BTW, while I am golden on the MBP 13" running MoJave, I am still having issues getting MLV_App_Compiler to work on Catalina via MBP 15".

Please enter your selection number below and press enter:
U

Updating!
xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software Update" to install updates
curl: (35) LibreSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to raw.githubusercontent.com:443
Warning: qt 5.13.1 is already installed and up-to-date
To reinstall 5.13.1, run `brew reinstall qt`
Error: qt5 5.13.1 already installed
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

EDIT:

I just randomly decided to delete the MLV_App_Compiler and redownload again from the direct link on OP.

Now it's acting normal with the new updates showing but then I still have this one line of unable to access error on top...

DeafEyeJedi@Apples-Macintosh-10 ~ % /Users/appleuser/Desktop/Mlv_App_compiler.app/Contents/main.command ; exit;
updating MLV-App-master source
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App.git/': LibreSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to github.com:443

Just tried to run 'OP' (same results w 'U') and it just skips through with the same error lines of codes below:

Would you like to also add updated focus pixels maps(eosm/100D)? Internet connection needed!
(Y/N)?
y
let´s clean repo first(make clean)!
/Users/appleuser/Desktop/Mlv_App_compiler.app/Contents/main.command: line 276: cd: /Users/appleuser/MLV-App-master/platform/qt/: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
/Users/appleuser/Desktop/Mlv_App_compiler.app/Contents/main.command: line 278: cd: /Users/appleuser/MLV-App-master/platform/cocoa/: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
Cannot find file: /Users/appleuser/MLV-App-master/platform/qt/MLVApp.pro.

I'm probably bugging you guys to the point where it may seem like a bit irrational on my part. I apologize if that's the case here.

But should I be fiddling around w the source code on my end to fix this within Line 276 & 278 accordingly?

Quentin

Quote from: Danne on November 08, 2019, 07:15:34 AM
Unlike deafeyejedi´s reports I managed to export a dng file after conversion from CR2 to MLV with Ilia3101 raw2mlv conversion tool just fine. Here´s a CR2 dualiso wrapped into mlv then processed and exported to dng in Mlv App:

Unfortunately not everybody has knowledge about coding and compiling.
These teasers are provoking me, however I am unable to acclimate  :(