MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Quote from: Quentin on October 21, 2019, 11:52:54 AM
I wonder how hard is to include Photo Color Editing within the MLVApp.
You can already do this... but it is still a bit tricky. As Danne wrote: Ilia is starting the development needed for that. You can already load and compile "libMLV" (with a small example app) and transcode many RAW photo formats to MLV (Ilia even converted a Nikon file). This file can then be loaded into MLVApp, processed and exported as JPEG or PNG. I tried it with a CR2 from my 5D2 and it was working.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Oh wow. It´s working. And fast too. It wrapped my CR2 into mlv and opens up beautifully in mv app. Super!!

Danne

Nice. I wrapped a dual iso cr2 into MLV iso 100/1600. ENabled force dualiso and voila!

ozcancelik

Quote from: masc on October 21, 2019, 11:31:57 AM
Without knowing any real facts about your two computers, I suppose some settings to be different, e.g. in receipt. If the CPU is not used at (close to) 100%, you rendered dualISO, or used Highlights/Shadows/Clarity/RBF Denoiser. These algorithms are single threaded. So if the MacBook has 100%, it could have only one or two cores, or the settings used there don't use the points mentioned. The GPU don't cares, because it is not used.

Thank you for information.

Just recorded a new video. Tried export without no configuration. All same didnt touch just export. No Dual ISO. Still use 30% CPU. Maybe it's not about MLVApp but just MLVApp uses 30% CPU. Media Encoder or others have no problem. My CPU is Intel Core i7-8750H 6 cores, 12 threads 2.2 GHz. Maybe you can give me and idea how can I test. Or where is the problem. My fastest notebook works like calculator on MLVApp. Very dramatic for me  :)

Export Settings
scr-02" border="0

CPU Info(Sorry for language)
scr01" border="0

masc

Tried here on Windows: just imported a MLV, exported to ProRes4444. i7, 4 cores, 8 threads, 3.64GHz, full 100% CPU usage. No idea what your computer does...
Is your files lossless or uncompressed? Lossless decoding is also single-threaded. But this small part should not drop overall usage to 30%. To what codec and option do you export?

Edit: thanks for update. Set smooth aliasing to Off and try again.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ozcancelik

Quote from: masc on October 21, 2019, 10:06:58 PM
Tried here on Windows: just imported a MLV, exported to ProRes4444. i7, 4 cores, 8 threads, 3.64GHz, full 100% CPU usage. No idea what your computer does...
Is your files lossless or uncompressed? Lossless decoding is also single-threaded. But this small part should not drop overall usage to 30%. To what codec and option do you export?

Edit: thanks for update. Set smooth aliasing to Off and try again.

Worked! THANKS. Now it takes 2 minutes to full export. I never touched that pass on other computers.

masc

Nice. And another thing: I recommend in export settings to leave debayer at "receipt configuration". Otherwise you might not get what you see in the viewer. In edit settings (receipt) you can choose a different debayer algorithm for each clip in the session, and you are able to choose the best for the currently shown footage. In export settings you can override this for all clips with this little combobox.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

Quote from: Quentin on October 21, 2019, 11:52:54 AM
Slightly off topic ...
I wonder how hard is to include Photo Color Editing within the MLVApp.
The color processing looks superior than native Adobe's.
Quote from: masc on October 21, 2019, 04:15:55 PM
You can already do this... but it is still a bit tricky. As Danne wrote: Ilia is starting the development needed for that. You can already load and compile "libMLV" (with a small example app) and transcode many RAW photo formats to MLV (Ilia even converted a Nikon file). This file can then be loaded into MLVApp, processed and exported as JPEG or PNG. I tried it with a CR2 from my 5D2 and it was working.
Quote from: Danne on October 21, 2019, 06:04:11 PM
Oh wow. It´s working. And fast too. It wrapped my CR2 into mlv and opens up beautifully in mv app. Super!!

I will compile and upload raw2mlv for Mac and Linux later today so people can test it. If anyone can do this earlier feel free ;)

Also if someone could look in to windows, see if it compiles on there with mingw, that would be amazing (though I will get to that myself in some time). LibRaw can be downloaded as a compiled bianry for windows, so shouldn't be too hard.

Thank you @Quentin glad to hear you get good colour in MLV App!

masc

Quote from: Ilia3101 on October 22, 2019, 04:16:15 PM
I will compile and upload raw2mlv for Mac and Linux later today so people can test it. If anyone can do this earlier feel free ;)

Would like to help, but there is no MinGW version of LibRAW for download. And I can't get it compiled myself... found no docs howto and I get only errors. On OSX and Linux it is simple as usual.
Edit: got libraw compiled for MinGW now, but I don't get it linked into your project.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

Would love to be able to use canon raw fullres files in mlvapp
masc is it possible to unlock curves so we could set curve like that bold white line i painted ? Right now we can use it like thin one only( with 2 points only).Bold one would let us to adjust white and black levels.I also tried to do it by adding additional point to top and bottom corner( so theres 4) then move that but it becomes S curve not linear.

This is what i get with 4 points (s curve instead of linear)

cmh

I got raw2mlv.exe compiled and tried some files (a .dng, a .cr2 and a .nef) but the mlv gererated are 0 kb.

I installed minGW, downloaded LibMLV-master
I downloaded, unzipped LibRaw-0.19.5-Win32 renamed it LibRaw and moved it in raw2mlv
I Installed Visual Studio 2013

In minGW prompt:
Windows@ALPHA ~/sources/LibMLV-master/raw2mlv
$ gcc -c -O3 ../LibMLV/MLVFrameUtils.c
$ gcc -c -O3 ../LibMLV/MLVWriter.c
$ gcc -c -O3 raw2mlv.c
$ gcc *.o libraw.lib -o raw2mlv

Once raw2mlv.exe compiled tried different options:
.\raw2mlv.exe .\RAW_CANON_EOS_1DX.CR2 -o test.mlv
.\raw2mlv.exe .\_DSC0217.dng -o test.mlv
.\raw2mlv.exe .\_DSC1537.NEF -o test.mlv
.\raw2mlv.exe .\RAW_CANON_EOS_1DX.CR2 .\RAW_CANON_EOS_1DX.CR2 .\RAW_CANON_EOS_1DX.CR2 -o test.mlv --bitdepth 12 -f 24000 1001

I also tried compiling raw2mlv with different gcc options
$ gcc *.o libraw.lib -o raw2mlv -lm -lgomp -lstdc++
$ gcc *.o libraw.lib -o raw2mlv -lm -lstdc++

masc

You downloaded the Visual Studio binary of LibRAW? Visual Studio is mostly not compatible with minGW. So you have to compile LibRAW with minGW first.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Quentin

How do you eliminate Purple Color Fringing when some thin lines against bright sky (pine leaves) have purple edges.
Highlight reconstruction didnt solve the problem.
Native Adobe RAW allows special treatment in such cases where user selects the color range and sensitivity.
Thanks in advance for any help.

masc

Quote from: Quentin on October 22, 2019, 09:23:05 PM
How do you eliminate Purple Color Fringing when some thin lines against bright sky (pine leaves) have purple edges.
Highlight reconstruction didnt solve the problem.
Native Adobe RAW allows special treatment in such cases where user selects the color range and sensitivity.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Have you tried HSL elements? You could try to desaturate pink tones.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

If a kid wears pink, it will become gray, i tried that.Best bet for me was to use 12bit on canon m, then i set raw white level properly until pink disappears when i set highlight reconstruction on and highlight to -50, usually i have to lower raw white level from 6000 to 5138.
With 14 bit it didnt want to work.

Quentin

I will try that.
In the past, I could easily use Highlight Reconstruction and worked perfectly.
In this case due to thin lines, pink stays there.
I will try to use HSL elements.
In the worst scenario I will use old fashioned Adobe, to see if it gives more flexibility.
Thanks for your constructive input. I will let you know of my conclusions.

masc

Quote from: Quentin on October 22, 2019, 10:16:25 PM
In the past, I could easily use Highlight Reconstruction and worked perfectly.
If that worked, it was just luck. Highlight reconstruction interpolates the clipped green channel from blue and red channel. From what I understood, your problem is a kind of lens problem... purple fringing or something like that. So if the green is clipped the same way as in overexposed areas, it might work, else it won't.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

cmh

Quote from: masc on October 22, 2019, 08:45:24 PM
You downloaded the Visual Studio binary of LibRAW? Visual Studio is mostly not compatible with minGW. So you have to compile LibRAW with minGW first.
You are right. Well, since I'm lazy, I'll just try with msys2 and report if it's working.

Quentin

Quote from: masc on October 22, 2019, 10:21:20 PM
If that worked, it was just luck. Highlight reconstruction interpolates the clipped green channel from blue and red channel. From what I understood, your problem is a kind of lens problem... purple fringing or something like that. So if the green is clipped the same way as in overexposed areas, it might work, else it won't.

It worked. I carefully dragged the purple saturation down while restoring the neighboring color to flat line.
Together with Highlight reduction and Reconstruction, I got pretty satisfactory results compared to previous attempt.
I love this tool  ;)

Danne

Here´s a workflow if on MacOS Catalina(Catastrophy if you ask me ;)) that utilizes Mlv app to open up CR2 to MLV converted files working with raw2mlv inside Switch(Thanks to Ilia3101):
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=15108.msg221738#msg221738

DeafEyeJedi

Fantastic work, @Danne! I'm diggin' this progress regardless of how Catastrophy it feels. Thank YOU!  8)

However, it has caught my attention that if you export the final process image as CinemaDNG it's a corrupted file.

But if exported as a TIFF or PNG which then works fine. Is this to be expected when exporting Photo Files?  :o

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

koopg

great app first of all.

recently I have bought a spider color checker.
it comes with a software that can export color profile for you cam + lens after taking a raw picture of a color plate.
this could be achieved using a  stand alone software or a plug in for lightroom.

is there a possible way to use this color profile under MLV app ?

2blackbar

masc is there any equivalent in MLVApp that behaves similar to L*a*b adjustments in rawtherapee panel ?

When i move lightness slider down then im gettin nice saturation in shadows instead of regular desaturation when you lower brigtness, i couldnt find that in MLVApp:

rregular exposure adjustment, dark areas become dull and deaturated:

masc

Quote from: 2blackbar on October 27, 2019, 04:20:05 PM
masc is there any equivalent in MLVApp that behaves similar to L*a*b adjustments in rawtherapee panel ?

When i move lightness slider down then im gettin nice saturation in shadows instead of regular desaturation when you lower brigtness, i couldnt find that in MLVApp:
L*a*b does not exist in MLVApp. The only thing I thought about when reading your post was the HSL element "hue vs. luminance", dragging the whole line down. But that looks different.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

Yes i tried that, it looks different , somewhat similar but there are some white artifacts when you go too low, in rawtherapee its fine all the way down.
Does it require some different algorithm ? It looks like the way they lower exposure in movies.