MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Sorry guys. Can't reproduce. All works fine here with Win64 version. No idea where to search. No additional lib or driver is required. Just Windows.
Before we had a "static" version, which included all those files in the exe. This somehow doesn't work anymore. So we had to find a new toolchain for 64bit, which links dynamic now. So you have all the dll files now.

Quote from: Cipolippo on September 19, 2019, 12:23:04 PM
win10 (64) 
Mlv app 1.9 (64bit) Crash  ??? ;)

Mlv app 1.9 (32bit) works
And how do you get it crashed? The same way as jimiz? Some more info would be helpful.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: masc on September 19, 2019, 08:08:31 AM
Thanks guys.
Sound works fine over here on both Win versions. Have you enabled output? We changed absolutely nothing for sound playback, toolchain for Win32 version is also identical to v1.8.

I tried both on the desktop and the laptop it's not working :-\ , both machines are on Windows 10 v1903 (redstone 6) , what Windows are you running ?

Audio output is enabled , drop frame playback is enabled , the issue isn't in the settings but something else , previous versions are working fine , when I compiled latest changes using qt creator on my system the audio is working fine (it's not a bug in the code yes I know) I guess the problem in the new compiling way :(

The 64-bit version Crash on some systems is a second clue maybe :P (for Compiling issues) , but it's not crashing on my systems , exporting is fine and the audio is there in exported files , also I can see the waveform in the time line.

masc

@theBilalFakhouri: what Qt version have you installed? I have Qt 5.13.1 with MinGW 7.3.0 on WinPro 8.1.

But as written: for the Win32 version really nothing changed in terms of audio playback at all.

Would be great if someone who has a crashing MLVApp could install Qt and use the debugger - just for telling me in which line and file the crash happens. No need for coding skills.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: masc on September 19, 2019, 02:53:35 PM
@theBilalFakhouri: what Qt version have you installed? I have Qt 5.13.1 with MinGW 7.3.0 on WinPro 8.1.
Qt 5.9.8 , MinGW 5.3.0

Quote from: masc on September 19, 2019, 02:53:35 PM
But as written: for the Win32 version really nothing changed in terms of audio playback at all.
That's right , I have never downloaded 32-bit version before , so I just downloaded it MLVApp 1.8 32-bit and also the sound playback isn't working on Windows 10 Pro v1903 , I don't have other Windows to try it . .

How you guys compile MLVApp? I read about it after installing qt , opening MLVApp.pro then press Build and Run , but the output here isn't same as released versions , also I can't run my compiled MLVApp without qt creator , could you explain your steps @masc @bouncyball for compiling ?

jimiz

Quote from: masc on September 19, 2019, 12:52:35 PM
Sorry guys. Can't reproduce. All works fine here with Win64 version. No idea where to search. No additional lib or driver is required. Just Windows.
Before we had a "static" version, which included all those files in the exe. This somehow doesn't work anymore. So we had to find a new toolchain for 64bit, which links dynamic now. So you have all the dll files now.
And how do you get it crashed? The same way as jimiz? Some more info would be helpful.

I try on a second pc....always WINDOW7  64 bit      same result       , 1.6 1.7 1.8 (64) work fine with any MLV....   last 1.9 (64) crash...when still load any MLV file.!   

sorry but true. I also can't not give more info...because no error message appare... program crash and swith off.

5D3-123

bouncyball

Hey guys!

I don't experience any crashes with dynamic build either but, I've managed to compile usual static win64 build for 1.9, give it a try and report back. Here is a link.

BR
BB

sveinpetter

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: bouncyball on September 19, 2019, 06:45:21 PM
I've managed to compile usual static win64 build for 1.9, give it a try and report back. Here is a link.

Dark-Blue-Moon-Emoji-2-00000" border="0

The audio playback is working now :D

Dmytro_ua

Win10 x64 (1903) - At the first App load I tried to import MLV and while browsing in folders the App froze for a second and crashed/closed. But in two seconds it loaded again by itself. After that I couldn't reproduce the crash and now MLV files load without problems.
But I do NOT have audio at my output although I see the visual audio lane in the timeline.

p.s. The audio works fine in Static version
R8 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

masc

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on September 19, 2019, 03:08:32 PM
Qt 5.9.8 , MinGW 5.3.0
How you guys compile MLVApp? I read about it after installing qt , opening MLVApp.pro then press Build and Run , but the output here isn't same as released versions , also I can't run my compiled MLVApp without qt creator , could you explain your steps @masc @bouncyball for compiling ?
So you compiled a 32bit version. Out of the box the app just works in QtCreator. This is correct. If you like to run the app standalone, you have to "deploy". This means you'll have to search through the Qt folder and find the needed dlls.
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-deployment.html
Newer versions do the deployment with a tool, for older versions you have to do it 100% manually. Maybe you find another webpage with more information about this. I did manually in past, but it is so long time ago... forgot where I found the information howto. Just search for "deployment".
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

jimiz

Quote from: bouncyball on September 19, 2019, 06:45:21 PM
Hey guys!

I don't experience any crashes with dynamic build either but, I've managed to compile usual static win64 build for 1.9, give it a try and report back. Here is a link.

BR
BB

same problem...
I'v reistalled the dirvers video..  but no change...x64 crash on any MLV import... (only this 1.9)      32x work fine..

but I have win7 (64) not 10....
5D3-123

liquidether

Thanks so much for making this tool. I love it!

I've noticed that in the latest release (1.9) on my lowly 2015 MacBook 12" that memory is consumed rapidly when using the new sharpen "masking" tool. Memory usage has always hovered around 250MB but I came back to only a few files processed (successfully), a frozen batch job, a very sluggish Mac and Activity Viewer showing MLV App using over 20GB of RAM (mostly swap, of course).

Thinking perhaps my copy of MLV App was corrupt I downloaded it again, deleted all of its preference files but get the same result. Repeatable by setting "sharpen" to any value above 0 followed by "masking" to any value above 0. Default settings otherwise. Export file format does not make a difference (tested with ProRes and H.264). MLV App does not release that consumed memory after processing the files either, it hangs on to it until it is quit.

Otherwise 1.9 is just as stable as 1.8 on my machine. Thank you for all of your hard work!
Pop and pizza.

ngemu

Can someone explain the tonemapping and processing gamut option in 1.9? Before on 1.8, I just applied the rec709 --> allow for creative adjustments --> increase / decrease dark strengths and the images came out pretty nice.

masc

@liquidether: thanks for the report. I will do some research. These are the points I always ask for testers... ;)
Edit: found and fixed for the future.

@ngemu: it was explained in detail last week or so in this thread. I added the information to MLVApp Wiki.
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/wiki#44-profile
If you just select a preset you'll have the same as in v1.8.

Quote from: jimiz on September 19, 2019, 10:54:12 PM
same problem...
I'v reistalled the dirvers video..  but no change...x64 crash on any MLV import... (only this 1.9)      32x work fine..

but I have win7 (64) not 10....
On a system like this someone should install a debugger and tell what's happening. No crash on all my systems, so I can't help at all.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

jimiz

no problem , I wait version 1.10  ..meaby work again.
I can't  understand what can be the problem...I try to put ffmpeg.exe from 1.8  inside dir 1.9...but the problem is on MLVApp.exe
something  change in this code  , different from 1.8  and crash app on my 2 pc... (but only x64) meaby this can say something...or ?!
meaby a location of memory...meaby a dll on my sistem not "good" anymore for this app ?! meaby QTime or another codec to install again  before use the new 1.9 ?!?  difficult to say...

but 1.8 x64 work... yes, and thanks......better of nothing! ;)

5D3-123

masc

@jimiz: thanks for testing... but these things won't be the problem. ffmpeg is identical. Your drivers are identical (for 1.8 and 1.9). Code of MLVApp is identical between win32 & win64. The only thing what's different now is the compiler and the Qt dlls for the new win64 build. And the only way to find the reason will be installing Qt (which includes a debugger), start MLVApp from Qt with debugger, let MLVApp crash, and then look where it happens (debugger shows the position in code). With this information we maybe (and hopefully) could solve it... But it will only be possible to solve on a system, where the crash happens.

v1.10 will only be better, if we find the reason. Without a fix, I bet it will crash the same way.

Found an old Win7Pro laptop... no crash with win64 1.9 versions.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

The link is correct, but not trail. Use the open source version. When installing, you'll need 5.13.1 for Windows with MinGW7.3.0 and QtCreator (then you'll get a Win64 build). All other options won't be needed (if I remember right). If something is missing, it is always possible to install it later.
With that you'll be able to compile the same version you can download from our download page.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Stousen

Hi,

Awesome news. I thought of one thing that I would personally love, since shooting some anamorphic right now, and that is perhaps a way of doing cropmarks inside of MLVapp? So that you actually could see what will show in different aspect ratios?
Any ideas?

Cheers
//Chris

masc

You can use the transformation tab. There is a horizontal stretch function.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

DeafEyeJedi

Perhaps this has already been requested (even I may have) but any chance we could please add a hot key that would enable 'Command + Delete' in order to delete certain highlighted MLV's without relying on the mouse pointer individually one by one? It's rather time consuming this way imo though correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Also am I the only one who's experiencing random misplaced 'Receipt Mask Setup' for Copy/Paste whenever I'm in FULL mode (entire screen filled with MLV App) more often than so upon pressing 'Command + C' it would end up in a different screen? This was on v1.9 running OS X 10.14.6 if that matters. Reproducible on both Mac Mini & MacBook Pro.

Basically, where I would be forced to get out of FULL screen mode just to get the RMS window become visible within the app again. Call me crazy!  :o
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

DeafEyeJedi

BOOM. Thank you. That was fast!  8)

Even though it would be nice to be able to use this fast action with just one hand rather than both. Ha.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

masc

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on September 22, 2019, 10:13:33 AM
Also am I the only one who's experiencing random misplaced 'Receipt Mask Setup' for Copy/Paste whenever I'm in FULL mode (entire screen filled with MLV App) more often than so upon pressing 'Command + C' it would end up in a different screen? This was on v1.9 running OS X 10.14.6 if that matters. Reproducible on both Mac Mini & MacBook Pro.

Basically, where I would be forced to get out of FULL screen mode just to get the RMS window become visible within the app again. Call me crazy!  :o
Hm... have just 10.9.5 here on holiday, but even after 20x CMD+C in fullscreen mode, the mask window is always centered on my screen. Do you have multiple screens? Can't try this here...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Latest mlv app version is the best. Even anamorphic thumbnails comes out correct now:

Eos m anamorphic rewired 5208x2996