MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

You changed video speed using framerate override before. That's why audio can't ne exported in the same clip.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ngemu

would love to see in the next version a way to load multiple luts so they can be easily "scrolled through" without having to manually open the folder option each time.

Danne

That would be cool. Just fill up like twenty lut lots into a list or so.

masc

LOL... hope you guys have some hours time to process previews...  :P
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Dynamic list? Only keep the path to selected lut files that still exists. If removed, slot become available. Limit. Idk, there could be like 50 if graphics isn't hurt.
Thumbnails, I'm fine with scrolling thru with arrow buttons one by one if possible.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on September 01, 2019, 12:46:32 PM
Dynamic list? Only keep the path to selected lut files that still exists. If removed, slot become available.

Ah, good catch. Meaning it should be possible. Been using MLV App Compiler as of late. Such a gem!  8)

Quote from: Danne on September 01, 2019, 12:46:32 PM
Limit. Idk, there could be like 50 if graphics isn't hurt.
Thumbnails, I'm fine with scrolling thru with arrow buttons one by one if possible.

Great call actually!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: masc on August 23, 2019, 01:49:59 PM
A note for our hardworking beta testers: I got this resizing algorithm multithreaded. On a dualcore processor (tested with i5, 4 threads) rendering time (for resizing) dropped around by half. Would be nice if you could test it and tell me if it works for you too (or not).

On it. Has anyone else notice an improvement as well or not?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

masc

Quote from: Veerle on September 02, 2019, 10:37:53 PM
I don't think this has been mentioned before, but there's a tiny bug in 1.8 regarding the export presets: they don't 'save'. Each time the app is restarted the export presets are gone...
Also: the minus button doesn't seem to do anything.
Really? What brings you to the point it does not work? Could you please describe how you try to use it? You should setup setting, press "+" (=save), rename. Selecting loads the setting. "-" deletes selected setting. Works here on 5 computers and 3 OS's.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Really strange. Works here on iMac 2011 (10.11), MBP 2013 (10.13) and MBP 2010 (10.9). Make sure to use it in the order I wrote.
There is no in-app update feature. There is just an in-app update reminder/check. You always must redownload and install manually. There is no other way.
It just would not save anything, if you always start the app from the DMG image (because it is read only). As soon as the app is installed into /Applications/ or into another folder on internal disk it should work.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Could you please record a screen video of what you are doing and of what's happening?

The app just checks for updates and leads you to the download webpage on GitHub. All other steps have to be done manually by the user.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Thank you. That is... "funny". :(
I now did exactly the same steps like you here on my MBP: no single item in the list got lost when closing the window or when closing and restarting the app. No idea how to reproduce that here.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

The presets get stored into /Users/<your login name>/Library/Preferences/com.magiclantern-mlvapp.MLVApp.plist
There is a parameter which stores these dialog settings (binary format, storing is Qt realized (QSettings class)).
        <key>ExportPresets</key>
<data>
</data>

But if you delete the file, the presets are still there (at least here they are). So it seems OSX keeps them in RAM. Maybe delete + clear trash + reboot helps. When adding new presets I can see in the file how this data field grows.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

theBilalFakhouri

I did a huge upgrade yesterday , an AMD Ryzen 3900x CPU ,  MLVApp uses only 30% Overall when exporting  (All threads are used) , a MLV file 1736x976 @ 23.976 FPS 1:15 minute long took 3:36 minutes to export with AMAZE debayer and High H.264 preset , I am expecting about 1:20 Minute exporting time when the CPU load is 90% , if it was 100% Load --> a bit More than real-time AMAZE debayering and exporting .

I tried also previewing MLV file in MLVApp 1.0 (I can select AMAZE for preview , please get it back :D) Same clip above I got 16 FPS and with cached mode it's real-time AMAZE Wiiith 17GB of RAM Uses :D , Also AMAZE playback only uses 30% CPU , a clip ( shot on 1736x738 @23.976 FPS) has almost real-time AMAZE preview @ 20 FPS .

Of course the clips above were Lossless , but With uncompressed file (1736x976 @ 23.976 FPS 10.7 Seconds long) took 11:38 to process :D , 21 FPS playback with AMAZE (It was using 38% CPU)

So why it's limited to 30% , on i5-4210U it always was 100% :P

masc

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on September 03, 2019, 06:34:56 PM
So why it's limited to 30% , on i5-4210U it always was 100% :P
I doubt 100%, because it is impossible, if you have more than one core. Parts of the processing pipeline are single threaded, others are multithreaded (chosen debayer is a very small part of it). What you see is an average value. Exporting is always slower than previewing, because encoding needs some power too. This is realized (if ffmpeg export) by ffmpeg. So you should sum the %s of ffmpeg+MLVApp.

If you use shadows, highlights, clarity, RBF denoiser or dual iso: this is all single threaded. So if you don't use this, you'll get "higher" CPU usage.

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on September 03, 2019, 06:34:56 PM
I tried also previewing MLV file in MLVApp 1.0 (I can select AMAZE for preview , please get it back :D)
We can do so... never thought this makes sense, because on my machines I get 0.1 .. 2fps with it  ;D
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Francois_lune

Hi there,

I am new here. I digitize old Super 8 in Raw format and started to use MLV App to process the files, the software is fantastic, congratulations for this work !

Something even more fantastic would be to have an option to invert the picture "Left/Right". (Super 8  need to be inverted "Upside Down" and "Left-Right" if captured without projection). A crop option would be great as well.

I am not sure this is the right place for requests, please let me know if there is dedicated place for it that I didn't found

EOS-M   /  EOS 70D

masc

Quote from: Veerle on September 03, 2019, 10:13:27 PM
I removed the app, deleted the plist file and cleared my RAM (using sudo purge), which did clear my presets, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem..
Sorry... tapping in the very dark here. Can't reproduce this with one single of all the computers I have access to. But I would need to reproduce it, because only then I can debug. I would need a debugger and some time on your machine  :P  what ever the difference with your system is.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202