MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

flostro

Danne

No, you´d need to borrow a mac for the conversion but then it´s done and ready.

andy kh

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on August 10, 2019, 11:25:23 PM
Hello @masc

Can we have Aspect Ratio option in exporting settings ? or as example I shot 1736x976 16:9 MLV video , in exporting settings I adjust resizing to 1920x816 to have in the end 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio but it's not working in that way it compress the height and give 16:9 video needs to be un-stretched to have the correct 16:9 same as 5x3 mode , instead of compressing the height or Binning the pixels vertically; it will be great if it works by cropping the top and bottom parts . .

So can we have it ?

already requestd ths feature by me some months back but no possitive reply so far
5D Mark III - 70D

ilia3101

Quote from: DavidP on August 11, 2019, 02:20:36 PM
Yes im sure for tight shots it's fine. Actually though I really hoped to use the 5d for wides as it's full frame but I see that's not really an option.
I can understand your disappointment, but there is an interesting "anamorphic" full sensor (no crop) mode that you might be interested in trying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMRgAuH5uQ

It uses full width, but height is downscaled same way as normal 1080p video. I am very interested to see how detailed it looks if you try it out.

I'm not sure how to enable this option, but Danne knows about it.

Quote from: DavidP on August 11, 2019, 02:20:36 PM
EDIT:

I added some sharpness to the 5d and you can see for yourselves... not too bad!

A surprising improvement!

flostro

In the process of sorting my old MLVs I found a dangerous function in MLV App.
If you want to convert your uncompressed MLVs to compressed MLV and select the source folder as destination, it will destroy the MLV file you are trying to convert. Maybe there should be a warning or the file will just be named [filename]_1 or something.

ngemu

I was wondering if you could implement a way to permanently delete the origional mlv file from the session bar.  It would save a lot of time rather than having to navigate back to the sd card folder, finding the clip, and then deleting.

masc

@flostro: Yapp, this is known and true. Will think about howto implement such a warning.

@ngemu: Permanently delete could be implemented... but only without trash. So might also be dangerous, that's why I haven't done that yet.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Quote from: masc on August 13, 2019, 07:55:42 AM
@flostro: Yapp, this is known and true. Will think about howto implement such a warning.

@ngemu: Permanently delete could be implemented... but only without trash. So might also be dangerous, that's why I haven't done that yet.
+1 for deletion routine. An idea. Is it not too hard to maybe flag rejected MLV files? They could be removed to a trash folder if it´s not possible to move directly to trash. It would speed up work by a lot imo.

masc

Maahh... best would indeed be using the recycle bin. For OSX I have a solution (simple as always). For Windows and Linux I'll see what I can do... unfortunately no platform independant solution exists.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Quote from: masc on August 13, 2019, 01:24:43 PM
Maahh... best would indeed be using the recycle bin. For OSX I have a solution (simple as always). For Windows and Linux I'll see what I can do... unfortunately no platform independant solution exists.
Awesome!

ilia3101

masc

Quote from: Ilia3101 on August 13, 2019, 02:52:01 PM
linux recyfle bin is .local/share/Trash/files
Mostly, yes. As I read, unfortunately not always. But thanks! ;) Additionally some delete info file has to be written on Linux. :P
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: flostro on August 12, 2019, 07:25:43 PM
In the process of sorting my old MLVs I found a dangerous function in MLV App.
If you want to convert your uncompressed MLVs to compressed MLV and select the source folder as destination, it will destroy the MLV file you are trying to convert. Maybe there should be a warning or the file will just be named [filename]_1 or something.
I added a pre-export check, and the user can decide if files will be overwritten or not. Should work for any file type, not only MLV.

Edit: won't work for DNG, TIFF and PNG sequences... but this should not be dangerous in any way...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

flostro

Quentin

masc

What means "basic adjustments"? I bet this definition is different for each user. For me it is different for each clip... If you like to use "your basic adjustments", you could export a receipt, and import it to all your clips (via Ctrl+A you have it with just a few clicks).
Default parameters are a basic adjustment as well... :)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Quentin

I mean for level histogram edges, highlights, shadows.
I dunno what is feasible.

masc

You mean something like the Photohop functions "Auto Color", "Auto Contrast", etc. ?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

@masc
What an awesome feature:

Also erase belonging mapp file automatically and this feature is then perfect...

masc

Thanks, Danne. Works on OSX and Linux for now... Windows has to be done. That means I have some code but don't know yet if it works ;) Good hint with the MAPP file! :)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

@Danne: you like to try out? MAPP file is deleted too now. The best is the sound on OSX, when deleting multiple files...  muahaha. :P
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

DavidP

Is there any update yet that will give better color accuracy? Today I tested skintones and honestly it's all over the place :( Can't get them to match my Ursa unfortunately. Sure it's possible with a lot of playing but not in a realistic and reproducible scenario.