MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Yes, v1.7 is out now. Main changes:
- Added a simple grain generator
- Improved algorithm and quality for Shadows / Highlights / Clarity
- Added High/Medium option to H.264 & H.265 export
- Added ffmpeg vid.stab video stabilizer for ffmpeg export
- Added bicubic spline resizing algorithm to ffmpeg export
- Drop focus pixel map files into app to install (except Linux AppImage)
- IGV debayer is now multithreaded
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: Luther on May 08, 2019, 05:00:46 PM
No ACES :(
Right, sorry. There is a development branch in the repos, if you like you can try it out. It is named "Better Processing". This one has ACES processing. Unfortunatelly we still have some problems with it - sometimes the output looks way better, but sometimes it looks very strange. That's why it is not merged to main branch yet.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

BetterProcessing is not just an ACES branch, you can choose output and processing colour gamuts from many, one of which is ACES.

Sorry having a bit of a break. I have to. I will definitely be back to finish at some point in June.

2blackbar

Kharak

Hey,

Is there a way in mlv app to see or extract all Metadata from a MLV ? Clip Information has most of it, but wondering if there is a way to see all metadata.
once you go raw you never go back

bouncyball

@Kharak

What you exactly need. Details please ;) we can not dump all mlv structure here, as you know there is a dedicated tool called mlv_dump for this.

Kharak

Well right now I am looking for a user friendly way to find my camera serial number. 

Guess i am asking for a built in exiftool ;)

Danne

Mlv_dump -v Input.mlv

Or just run one of your files in darkframes folder of batch_mlv.

Kharak

Quote from: Danne on May 09, 2019, 09:24:09 PM
Mlv_dump -v Input.mlv

Or just run one of your files in darkframes folder of batch_mlv.

Thanks, I did that.

Was just looking in to MLV App to see what it could do. :)

masc

I am very sorry to say that it seems I have found a bug with the new vid.stab stabilizer: I might have tested to much with h264 (here it works fine), but when I export e.g. ProRes422 or 4444 I get empty files - no idea why yet. Strange things happen with ffmpeg, I don't understand it yet.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Hm... some more testing... that happens only for my EOS M clips - 5D2 is fine with ProRes422 output + vid.stab.  :-[

Edit: what the hell is doing ffmpeg?! Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes. Same command, same input, same parameters.  :o
@Danne: do you have the same problems with your script stabilizer version?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Don´t be sorry. Interesting bug. Any idea what it might be? How is the vidstab setting applied? I only ran the script with mov files in Switch but always working:
ffmpeg -i input.mov -vf vidstabdetect=shakiness=10:accuracy=10:result=transform_vectors.trf -f null -
ffmpeg -i input.mov -c:a copy -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 2 -pix_fmt yuv422p10 -color_primaries bt709 -color_trc bt709 -colorspace bt709 -vf vidstabtransform=input=transform_vectors.trf:smoothing=10,unsharp=5:5:0.8:3:3:0.4 output.mov

Could you point me to code? Maybe the the trf file is erased too early or something? Only guessing...

masc

Thanks for your commands. Will try it the weekend again. I like bugs most, which occur only sometimes... :P
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Quote from: Kharak on May 09, 2019, 09:19:11 PM
Well right now I am looking for a user friendly way to find my camera serial number. 
Well serial info could be useful if several same model cameras are used on shoot.

andy kh

vid stab dont work at all after export ready i could not find any video in the folder if i check enable vid stab
5D Mark III - 70D

masc

Quote from: andy kh on May 10, 2019, 01:40:20 PM
vid stab dont work at all after export ready i could not find any video in the folder if i check enable vid stab
You are on Windows? I commited a fix today for Windows versions... don't know why this single character was missing, because I tested on Windows successfully before. And because of this single missing character in ffmpeg command Windows users get... nothing. :P Sry.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Still don't understand the problem.
--> Would be cool, if some mac users could try it out and post what configuration (Camera, Resolution, Export codec...) combined with vid.stab enabled works or not. 99% of my clips work, e.g. EOS M MCM rewire at 16:9 creates empty files for ProRes. ffmpeg stopps working when starting final output. All other files I tried here work just fine.  ::)
Windows users must compile latest commit to be able to test. But on windows ffmpeg seems to play even more Diva.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

masc

The more I test, the less I can tell you what's the problem. Now it feels each file may crash or not, with same settings, 100% random. That really sucks.
Exporting 5x exactly the same will lead min. 1x to crash, if vid.stab is enabled. Here a 5D2 file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8wo39wwdbboqkb/M05-0608.MLV?dl=0
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Luther

Quote from: Ilia3101 on May 08, 2019, 08:31:19 PM
Sorry having a bit of a break. I have to. I will definitely be back to finish at some point in June.

No problem @Ilia3101, hope you're well!

Erkett

I wonder if it possible to add a manually bad pixel function because the auto function will sometimes add some artifacts.
The bad pixel fixer thinks that the small amount of sky light thru the leaves is bad pixel but it is the sky.

This will often be on the first frame or that frame that you turned on the pixel fixer.
The color dots will be gone if you move the camera but sometimes when the camera is pretty still it will be the over the whole movie...

So please ad an manual bad pixel fixer cuz I only have one hot pixel on high iso on the my 5DIII.
I have attached a picture bellow:

domasa

Quotemanually bad pixel function
will be greate!
I use PixelPatcher ( http://www.playtool.com/pages/pixelpatcher/pixelpatcher.html )
in Davinci Resolve. But I don't know how fix pixel before stabilization :-(

bouncyball

Quote from: Erkett on May 12, 2019, 01:35:10 PM
So please ad an manual bad pixel fixer cuz I only have one hot pixel on high iso on the my 5DIII.
I always wanted to have that feature myself. Pick point(s) in the frame by mouse cursor and save it as custom map to use it right away (with current MLV) or with any other clip recorded with the same camera (should be doable after relative adaptation to raw buffer resolution).

This must be implemented on raw correction level to be useful with DNG export as well. I'm gonna think about it...

Edit: @Danne has implemented something like this for switch some while back. He is using some proggie for pixel selection... don't remember the name.

Danne

Quote from: bouncyball on May 12, 2019, 06:30:27 PM
I always wanted to have that feature myself. Pick point(s) in the frame by mouse cursor and save it as custom map to use it right away (with current MLV) or with any other clip recorded with the same camera (should be doable with raw buffer resolution relative adaptation).

This must be implemented on raw correction level to be useful with DNG export as well. I'm gonna think about it...

Edit: @Danne has implemented something like this for switch some while back. He is using some proggie for pixel selection... don't remember the name.
+1

Actually used imagej for getting coordinates into a pixel list:
https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/download.html

List is passed on into some directory and the mlv_dump checks the coordinates and apply the pixel fix. Code from raw2dng if I don´t fail to remember). Anyway. Bouncyball made this possible. Would be great with a picker in Mlv app.