MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars Steenhoff

I feel the wish to reposition the order of the items in the "edit menu".
Is there a way to make those positions customisable, and restored when restarting the app?
and a way to enable disable not often used items

https://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/adobe-lightroom-classic-reorganize-ui-december-update/

togg

The hability to change the default start is something I feel could be usefull as well. So that if you have a standard process you are not at risk of forgetting it on one of the exports

masc

@Lars: you found the ability to minimize the edit groups? Why completely hiding them? The current order is mostly identical to the processing pipeline, so why changing the UI? It would not change the processing, and you would not get what would be expected when changing the order.

@togg: sry, I don't understand. Default start? Standard process? Could you please explain more precisely?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Lars Steenhoff

I have to check but does the minimize state get restored on restart?

That would be good,

for reorder, I mostly use just a few funtions all the time and other almost never, I would put the most used on top.

togg

Quote from: masc on December 14, 2018, 07:26:00 PM

@togg: sry, I don't understand. Default start? Standard process? Could you please explain more precisely?

I mean the ability to select a state that will be restored at restart. Like preferences but for the raw corrections. Without passing from a saved project.

masc

Quote from: Lars Steenhoff on December 14, 2018, 08:54:34 PM
I have to check but does the minimize state get restored on restart?
Yes it does.

Quote from: togg on December 14, 2018, 08:56:45 PM
I mean the ability to select a state that will be restored at restart. Like preferences but for the raw corrections. Without passing from a saved project.
Preferences for parameters can be exported and imported as receipt.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

70MM13

The floating edit window is excellent!

It's great to be able to enlarge the edit window on the second monitor, making it more enjoyable to work...

Thanks!

Danne

Wow masc. That was something else. Is there anything you can´t do dude  8)?

70MM13

Here's an annoyance that is hopefully easy to resolve (pun intended):

Whenever I'm doing any I/O operations, the destination always defaults to the same incorrect location.  It's a real problem for me because I'm constantly saving and loading receipts (while I await the much-needed receipt slots!), and it totally breaks down the workflow to have to navigate to someplace other than the CF card to do this.

Can mlvapp remember where you saved last, and default to that until you choose another location?  It would make things a lot smoother, especially when using keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks!

masc

Quote from: Danne on December 14, 2018, 11:36:47 PM
Wow masc. That was something else. Is there anything you can´t do dude  8)?
LOL... thanks... but yes, there is enough I can't do... hehe. For example I don't get the histogram bigger without loosing one quarter of playback speed :(

Quote from: 70MM13 on December 15, 2018, 04:06:08 PM
Whenever I'm doing any I/O operations, the destination always defaults to the same incorrect location.  It's a real problem for me because I'm constantly saving and loading receipts (while I await the much-needed receipt slots!), and it totally breaks down the workflow to have to navigate to someplace other than the CF card to do this.

Can mlvapp remember where you saved last, and default to that until you choose another location?  It would make things a lot smoother, especially when using keyboard shortcuts.
Please describe exactly what you are doing! I save sooo many many destinations for soooo many functions in MLVApp since many versions... so this sounds really strange and I don't know exactly what you mean. ;) I never have to navigate in any function I tested, if using the same folder again. So I think you are a bug victim :D
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

70MM13

With the help of Masc, I found the cause of the I/O path problem I was experiencing.

It was a ramdisk I use...  I wasn't naming the virtual drive.  Adding any name solved the issue.

Thanks for the help, Masc!

masc

Our little christmas present for you all: v1.4 is out.
+ Added gradation curves for Y, R, G & B
+ Added diagram elements for Hue vs. Hue, Hue vs. Saturation and Hue vs. Luminance
+ MLV uncompress export
+ Select between different rescaling algorithms on ffmpeg export
+ Added LUT strength slider
+ Some bug fixes and some minor changes
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/releases/tag/QTv1.4

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

70MM13

domo94

BMSmile

Very cool and fast app!
It would be cool (for proxy usage) to have feature "Use prefix unique filenames" like in Davinci resolve format, because when you shoot reportage and swap memory card, sometimes files get same names because of shooting time. This feature will help alot
My workflow is: MLV App -> (proxy from source) -> Premiere Pro -> (edit) -> Davinci Resolve -> (grade source files) -> (render) -> (replace proxy with graded footage)

masc

@BMSmile: why not manually renaming your files before working with them? So you won't have any problem.
-> There wouldn't be a problem with your workflow. Premiere, Resolve, all could handle that.
-> You export all proxies to one directory, but you have the MLVs in several folders? If you throw all MLVs into one folder, you'll see what files to rename.
------
-> MLVApp won't import a file twice.
-> If renaming feature works just a little different to Resolve, your workflow would still not work, even if MLVApp had this feature
-> MLVApp can't relink when importing FCPXML project (that means only one of the files will be relinked) (for workflow: MLVApp (proxy from MLV) -> Cut in any App and export fcpxml file of project -> MLVApp (only grade used files using fcpxml import function) -> Replace proxy with graded clips in App where you cut before)

So we would break our own features just to make other programs work... hm... don't like it too much.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

goldenchild9to5

@masc Thank you.. best MLV App  8) will give it a run in the morning.

togg

With uncompressed mlv and low res app opening I've got 10 fps, from 8.
I wonder if there's a way to have the crisp text and only low res for the viewer.

masc

Quote from: togg on December 22, 2018, 01:25:18 PM
I wonder if there's a way to have the crisp text and only low res for the viewer.
You mean retina support for the GUI, but not for the viewer? That would be possible with some rework of the viewer code.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

Frankly, guys, MLVApp has changed my life!  I have gotten so used to it, that now I cannot live without it any more.  For me, MLVApp, with subsequent processing with Resolve results in the easiest and fasters workflow.  It has been a lot of joy to watch how this amazing software develops and is getting better and better.  Thank you so much to all of you involved. 

togg

Quote from: masc on December 22, 2018, 01:37:25 PM
You mean retina support for the GUI, but not for the viewer? That would be possible with some rework of the viewer code.

Yes exactly. Then again it only gives a small number of frames but it is noticeable

FBongcam

Awesome updates in 1.4, thank you!

I noticed that you're able to have the edit panel floating, would there be a possibility to have the individual panels behave the same instead? Like "Processing", "Details" and "HSL". It would allow for more customization and better utilization of monitors with higher resolution.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

Lars Steenhoff

Great update!

Can you add a Zoom 200% option in the viewer?

I like to see the footage closer when I'm making adjustments to noise reduction settings.

bouncyball

Quote from: Lars Steenhoff on December 25, 2018, 01:46:24 PM
Can you add a Zoom 200% option in the viewer?
You can zoom in/out with mouse scroll wheel. There is no problem beyond the 100% zoom until one pixel covers whole screen :).