MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanakori

I have a handful of clips with this problem. I'm fucked right now.
What alternatives do I have?

olofen

EOS 5D Mark III 1.2.3
Mac OS High Sierra

bouncyball

@Kanakori: see PM.

@Ottoga: interesting issue, however the MLV from Kanakori is ok and real dualiso. It is just the current dualiso detector in mlv app can not handle it properly. If you force it to be dual iso, the processing is fine as I showed in previous message.

br,
bb

bouncyball

Quote from: olofen on June 26, 2018, 01:11:18 PM
I tried in vain with both Cinema DNG uncompressed and lossless but got the following answer (see attachment)
Really strange...

I downloaded your MacBeth MLV and exported as DNGs w/o a problem, be it lossless or uncompressed. Both are exported fine!

Kanakori

Quote from: bouncyball on June 26, 2018, 07:30:30 PM
@Kanakori: see PM.

@Ottoga: interesting issue, however the MLV from Kanakori is ok and real dualiso. It is just the current dualiso detector in mlv app can not handle it properly. If you force it to be dual iso, the processing is fine as I showed in previous message.

br,
bb

It worked! I owe you one! Big time. Very appreciated.
Also, the clips affected were all from the last hour of shooting. Imo it could be related to a setting I used or camera over-heating?

olofen

Quote from: bouncyball on June 26, 2018, 07:38:00 PM
Really strange...

I downloaded your MacBeth MLV and exported as DNGs w/o a problem, be it lossless or uncompressed. Both are exported fine!

When exported to another harddrive it worked....
EOS 5D Mark III 1.2.3
Mac OS High Sierra

masc

Quote from: bouncyball on June 26, 2018, 07:38:00 PM
Really strange...
@olofen: same for me. MLV exports fine without any problem - I tried uncompressed and lossless, both with both possible naming schemes. Did you move the file to another folder while it was opened in MLVApp? Or did you try to save it to a location where you don't have writing rights?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Kanakori

@bouncyball
It seemed to work fine but I can't find the exported files anywhere.
The export is resumed, I go to the chosen directory and nothing's there...

50mm1200s

Quote from: bouncyball on June 26, 2018, 09:26:48 AM
This second clip (first can not be downloaded) has very unusual WB out of the box (maybe some complicated mixed lighting?). I even straggled to white balance it manually.

Yes, mixed sodium (yellow) light with 5500K softbox. I first use AutoWB from ML on the gray card, and then do the precise WB in post. Tint is always a problem for me. Here's the other file:
https://we.tl/x59qxrDqHl

And here's a frame without the gray card (same ambient light):
https://we.tl/vpnSuESe93

50mm1200s

@Danne do you think this idea could be implemented using ffmpeg (without ghosts)? You seem to be more and more into ffmpeg than most people here. Maybe @dford could implement it on MLV module?

Danne

@50mm1200s
Had to look up the work intercalate(insert).
I have a hard time understanding the deeper insights about that concept(if there are any) but if shooting HDR I can´t seem to find any better solution then running consecutive framing technique which I implemented in the script section in MLV App. The script pretty much reflects this in my workflow Switch:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch/src/default/Switch.app/Contents/bash/HDR_MOV.command
Hugin align/enfuse cropping borders outputting with ffmpeg retaining original fps.
About ghosting in general. In my mind some heavy programming or maybe even some tweaking with hugin stuff might yield better results on moving subjects but thing like calculation movement inside footage is beyond my knowledge.
Putting this in mlv_lite module? I think a1ex or g3gg0 are the ones to answer this.

50mm1200s

Quote from: Danne on June 27, 2018, 08:25:37 AM
I have a hard time understanding the deeper insights about that concept(if there are any)

The idea seems to be the same as with the old HDR feature in ML, but instead of using ISO change for switching between exposures, use shutter speed.

About ghosting in general. In my mind some heavy programming or maybe even some tweaking with hugin stuff might yield better results on moving subjects but thing like calculation movement inside footage is beyond my knowledge.

I think movement calculation wouldn't be necessary, maybe a averaging technique...

Putting this in mlv_lite module? I think a1ex or g3gg0 are the ones to answer this.

Yeah, but both are already working on other projects and no one is willing to make this idea work. Wish I could program it myself, but I have no real knowledge of programming. The idea is good, though.

Danne

Quote from: 50mm1200s on June 27, 2018, 08:37:27 AM
The idea seems to be the same as with the old HDR feature in ML, but instead of using ISO change for switching between exposures, use shutter speed.

That idea is already working. A1ex put in a feature (HDR_extended) which normally is disabled. Been there for a while but forgotten. I had it reenabled in this branch:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/branch/crop_rec_4k_mlv_lite_snd_sd_uhs_HDR

What camera are you using? If you want to test this concept I could give you a build and help you with steps in menu.

50mm1200s

Quote from: Danne on June 27, 2018, 08:55:39 AM
That idea is already working. A1ex put in a feature (HDR_extended) which normally is disabled. Been there for a while but forgotten. I had it reenabled in this branch:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/branch/crop_rec_4k_mlv_lite_snd_sd_uhs_HDR

What camera are you using? If you want to test this concept I could give you a build and help you with steps in menu.

Oh, really? Wow. I'm using a 50D, but I also have a 600D too. If you can build it to me, that would be awesome!

Danne

Check these builds 50mm1200s:
50D
built from unified branch, no idea if it´s the latest branch working with 50D, if not, point me in another direction:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-Nightly.2018Jun27.50D109HDR_ext.zip

600D
Seems to work from my current branch: https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/branch/crop_rec_4k_mlv_lite_snd_sd_uhs_HDR
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-Nightly.2018Jun27.600D102HDR_ext.zip

Fiddle with the HDR menu. It´s manual labour setting frame settings individually. Cool thing is you can control multiple frames to do changes to iso, shutter...

50mm1200s

Nice! I will test and post some samples this weekend.

masc

Quote from: Kanakori on June 26, 2018, 10:38:57 PM
@bouncyball
It seemed to work fine but I can't find the exported files anywhere.
The export is resumed, I go to the chosen directory and nothing's there...
@Kanakori: To what format and options do you export?
@bouncyball: how did you force dualIso in the code?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Quote from: masc on June 27, 2018, 01:16:05 PM
@Kanakori: To what format and options do you export?
@bouncyball: how did you force dualIso in the code?
I guess he did not put mlvapp and ffmpeg binaries into same folder.
It's just a quick and temporary hackish patch to force is_dual_iso (always) = 1.

Edit: I can export that clip to whatever I want (btw it is ~60fps dual iso MLV).

Danne

@masc
Been experimenting with boxblur and blending by dividing into streams. How would this command act running through Mlv App when it comes to smoothing aliasing?
ffmpeg -i M05-0608.mov -i M05-0608.mov -filter_complex "[1] boxblur=1 [tmp]; [0][tmp] blend=all_mode='overlay':all_opacity=0.5" -f matroska - | \
ffmpeg -i - -vf minterpolate=50,tblend=all_mode=average,framestep=2 -f matroska - | \
ffmpeg -i - -vf minterpolate=50,tblend=all_mode=average,framestep=2 -f matroska - | \
ffmpeg -i - -c:a copy -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 2 -pix_fmt yuv422p10 -color_primaries bt709 -color_trc bt709 -colorspace bt709 -vf minterpolate=50,tblend=all_mode=average,framestep=2,unsharp=7:7:0.8:7:7:0 out.mov

masc

@Danne: ups... double input in the first call? Is that possible via pipe too?
For us the input from MLV App looks like this (EOS 5D Mark II with near-to-FHD):
ffmpeg -r 25 -y -f rawvideo -s 1856x1044 -pix_fmt rgb48 -i -
Is it possible to add this twice? I would expect, ffmpeg waits for 2 input pipes then... (but there is only one).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Yes double input. One stream adds boxblur other stream blend iinto this stream then pipes further. Seems to give slightly less aliasing but wanted to see how the output would look like when running in Mlv App.

masc

I think we need another way to come to the 2nd stream. If I add the pipe twice very strange things happen (looks like modern art) :D ... is there a way to copy a stream before doing something with it?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

He, not sure. Seems to work from terminal. How would you do the command in Mlv App if it were two different files?
Maybe it works for a single stream, didn't try:
ffmpeg -i M05-0608.mov -filter_complex boxblur=1,blend=all_mode='overlay':all_opacity=0.5" -f matroska - | \
ffmpeg -i - -c:a copy -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 2 -pix_fmt yuv422p10 -color_primaries bt709 -color_trc bt709 -colorspace bt709 -vf minterpolate=50,tblend=all_mode=average,framestep=2,unsharp=7:7:0.8:7:7:0 out.mov

masc

So far as I understood, a double stream is impossible with our solution - we would need a platform specific special solution... :P (not good)
The command in your last post crashes (ffmpeg brings error and MLV App does not like it).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne