MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Quote from: escho on May 31, 2018, 05:41:09 PM
What about ffmpeg? Does the app-image contain ffmpeg?
Now ffmpeg is included in the Linux AppImage (file exchanged in download area).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

@masc

BTW compiled MLV App performs 5-6 frames per second better than AppImage on my PC (1080p: 12fps vs 18fps).

domasa

Quote from: bouncyball on June 01, 2018, 08:58:38 AM
Sorry there are no plans to support DNG import in MLV App. If you on Win try mlvproducer.

MLVProducer support only *.mlv and *.raw. Rename *.dng to *.raw does not work.
But thanks for the tip.

domasa

W
Quote from: domasa on June 01, 2018, 12:56:59 AM
I recorded videos in crop mode 1920 1:1 (5D mark III), exported to *.dng and deleted sources.
But result files contains vertical stripes:

How can I fix it additionally? MLVApp can not open generated dng-files.

However - what is best setting in MLVApp for export *.dng without stripes (5D mark III crop mode 1920 1:1)?

Danne

@domasa
Could you zip around 50 of those dng files and send me? Will check if my tif_clean script could handle stripes.

domasa

masc

Quote from: bouncyball on June 01, 2018, 05:42:14 PM
@masc

BTW compiled MLV App performs 5-6 frames per second better than AppImage on my PC (1080p: 12fps vs 18fps).
What Qt version do you use? For me the fastest was 5.7
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Seruji

I'm a Canon 5Dmkii user, using Cinemastyle profile and RAW (MLV 2.0). Windows 10 user and I have many LUT's. ¿Should I use MLVAPP or MLV Producer? ???

bouncyball

I guess the answer is simple :)

Both are free so try 'em both...

Danne

Will test the latest stuff from bouncyball tonight :). Noticed a zero byte ffmpeg image. Fooled my compiler. Should be removed from repository:

masc

Quote from: Danne on June 02, 2018, 07:01:18 PM
Will test the latest stuff from bouncyball tonight :). Noticed a zero byte ffmpeg image. Fooled my compiler. Should be removed from repository:

Yes, I included this dummy file, because AppImage Linux won't compile without. On OSX you should have the same problem in both cases: with dummy file compiling should work, but export doesn't; without dummy file compiling is impossible. For your scripts or everybody who does it manually: you should (must) unzip ffmpegOSX.zip before you compile (unfortunately I haven't found a way to do it using qmake)! ;)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

I see. Then I just rearrange som handling in my script. Thanks :)

escho

The new Zero-Byte file "ffmpeg" in platform/qt/FFmpeg breaks unpacking with tar -C--- in Linux openSUSE. If I rename the empty file to let´s say "ffmpeg1", unpacking works like expected
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

Danne

masc

Quote from: escho on June 03, 2018, 03:41:07 PM
The new Zero-Byte file "ffmpeg" in platform/qt/FFmpeg breaks unpacking with tar -C--- in Linux openSUSE. If I rename the empty file to let´s say "ffmpeg1", unpacking works like expected
Really? Why that? The source is a different filename and the target is a in a different folder... could you explain please, why that fails?
Without the dummy file I get on OSX:
make: *** No rule to make target `/Users/masc/Documents/MLV_App/platform/qt/FFmpeg/ffmpeg', needed by `MLV App.app/Contents/MacOS/ffmpeg'.  Stop.
And on Ubuntu Linux (normal compiling) something very similar. When creating the app image the commands completely fail on compiling without dummy file.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Extract ffmpeg zip for mac and out pops a binary named ffmpeg, same as dummy file. Conflict.
Of course, it could probably be sent straight to mlv app compiling folder instead of next to the dummy file.

escho

If I remember correct, it says something like "FFmpeg/ffmpeg not found". I have an idea, what can help, maybe. But I cannot test this here. Will try it later, when I'm back home.

escho

Unpacking "ffmpegLinux.tar.xz" manually gives a folder

ffmpeg-4.0-64bit-static

containing the these files

-rwxr-xr-x 1 edgar users 63012968 22. Apr 21:33 ffmpeg
-rwxr-xr-x 1 edgar users 64229352 22. Apr 21:54 ffmpeg-10bit
-rwxr-xr-x 1 edgar users 62914664 22. Apr 21:33 ffprobe
-rw-r--r-- 1 edgar users    35147 22. Apr 21:54 GPLv3.txt
drwxr-xr-x 2 edgar users     4096 22. Apr 21:38 manpages
-rwxr-xr-x 1 edgar users   742480 22. Apr 21:33 qt-faststart
-rw-r--r-- 1 edgar users     2857 22. Apr 21:54 readme.txt

I used a wildcard for this folder-name in the tar-command:

QMAKE_POST_LINK += tar -C $$(HOME)/bin -xvJf FFmpeg/ffmpegLinux.tar.xz --strip=1 --wildcards */ffmpeg

Unfortunately, this wildcard seems to conflict with the dummy file "platform/qt/FFmpeg/ffmpeg". Don´t ask me, why. This is the corresponding error-message:

tar: FFmpeg/ffmpeg: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.

If I call tar with the complete archiv-path, ffmpeg is found in the archiv and gets unpacked. No more error.

QMAKE_POST_LINK += tar -C $$(HOME)/bin -xvJf FFmpeg/ffmpegLinux.tar.xz --strip=1 ffmpeg-4.0-64bit-static/ffmpeg

This fixes the normal compiling for Linux openSUSE.

masc

Quote from: Danne on June 03, 2018, 05:04:43 PM
Extract ffmpeg zip for mac and out pops a binary named ffmpeg, same as dummy file. Conflict.
On Ubuntu it automatically overwrote the dummy file - no conflict. Is this different on OSX?

@escho: please try
QMAKE_POST_LINK += tar -C $$(HOME)/bin -xvJf ../qt/FFmpeg/ffmpegLinux.tar.xz --strip=1 --wildcards */ffmpeg $$escape_expand(\n\t)
Your command also wasn't working for me (no matter if the dummy file was existing or not), so I changed it for the app image. With the above command it was working (whyever). Does it work also for you? But I also can change the command as you told, if that helps! :) Thx!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

escho

Quote from: masc on June 03, 2018, 07:30:56 PM

QMAKE_POST_LINK += tar -C $$(HOME)/bin -xvJf ../qt/FFmpeg/ffmpegLinux.tar.xz --strip=1 --wildcards */ffmpeg $$escape_expand(\n\t)

What is "$escape_expand" ?

masc

Ah... you can ignore that. I needed it to realize another command after this command. (I made ffmpeg executable in another command)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

escho

Same error (with and without escape_expand):
tar -C /home/edgar/bin -xvJf ../qt/FFmpeg/ffmpegLinux.tar.xz --strip=1 --wildcards */ffmpeg
tar: FFmpeg/ffmpeg: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
tar: Beende mit Fehlerstatus aufgrund vorheriger Fehler
make: *** [Makefile:408: mlvapp] Fehler 2

masc

Thx for trying out @escho! Commited your command to the repos.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

escho

Compiles now. Thx, masc.

Installed the brand new openSUSE 15.0 in a VM and tested mlvapp on this machine:
Works both: self compiled mlvapp and the appimage